Yeelight Bulb / LWRF Compatibility

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Yeelight Bulb / LWRF Compatibility

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 6 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
     JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

I’ve just got a Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW E27 Smart LED Bulb on Gearbest for £15 and it’s brilliant! It works well with Alexa, (no need for a hub), but I’m wondering is there a way to integrate it with my LightwaveRF? I’d love to get it to come on at dusk like my other lights. Anyone know how?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    (So far: 12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 2x plugins 1x PIR & a dusk monitor.)
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

These look very interesting due to the fact no hub is required. In the description it states they are IFTTT compatible which could facilitate dusk activation.
    Are you able to adjust the colour using Alexa?

JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

I’ve got Alexa to dim it to a percentage, colour cycle and turn in & off but not yet worked out how to set a specific colour. Ah IFTTT & dusk sensor. How would that work?

(So far: 12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 2x plugins 1x PIR & a dusk monitor.)
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

OK thanks. After powering off do they come back on at the previously selected colour?

Im not a IFTTT user myself, but I don’t think a sensor is required. I assume it’s just a case of registering and linking your account, just like with Alexa and then setting up triggers and reactions within the IFTTT app, eg if dusk then turn on Yeelight etc.

JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

Yes Node Zero. There’s a setting you can tick to get it to do that

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Great. Thanks for posting this JulsM. I’ve ordered the led strip to replace the non intergratable lights I currently have behind the TV and hopefully banished another remote from the sofa!

JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

Oh that sounds good. Let us know how it works. I’m considering buying one of them too. I bought a Yeelight Blue II which arrived today but it won’t work with the same Yeelight app and I can’t get it working with Alexa.

Andresdrb says:

Andresdrb
    Participant

Did anyone get these bulbs to work? I got the bulbs and work on any lamp, except for those controlled by a lightwaverf dimmer (the bulb doesn’t power up at all, i just does a quick blink and that’s all)

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

Domoticz has Yeebulb support

https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Yeelight

There is also Domoticz support for lightwaverf through RXFcom http://www.rfxcom.com/en_GB

Or via my LUA scripts

http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/domoticz-script-to-control-switches-via-link-box/

Andresdrb says:

Andresdrb
    Participant

I don’t think the problem is the automation system (they work perfectly on other lamps without LWRF dimmers through my smartthings). It seems some kind of incompatibility between the dimmer and the bulb

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

The problem is that these bulbs are in no way intended to be used with a dimmer, and doing so may damage one or both of them. They have a dimming feature of their own.

I’ve had the strip light for a few months now and confirm they work flawlessly with Alexa. The only problem I have found is with schedules, they activate everyday when you only have certain days selected.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Just to support Node Zero all LWRF switches require suitable compatible lamps for them to work properly whether LED or halogen and whether you have series 200 for old style lamps and some LEDS and 400 that works better with LEDS, they may work for a period but eventually something may break

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT JulsM

Slowly building my LWRF collection and trying to get it to do what I want! (12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 8x plugins 1x PIR & 1x dusk monitor all with Alexa.

View all posts by