Wiring issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MIDD_2005 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     MIDD_2005 says:

MIDD_2005
    Participant

When I’m trying to wire my 4 gang 2nd generation switch I’m having some issues with 2 sets of the lights. I can’t seem to get them working idenpendantly.

I can get them working one at a time when the other set isn’t wired. But when both sets are wired I only get the set that has the live connected to work. If I connect both live wires, I get both sets to work on both switches.

I’ve tried various different combinations but to no avail. I’m assuming there’s some other kind of wiring up in the ceiling that connects the sets but I can’t confirm without taking the whole ceiling down…

I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and if they managed to find a workaround.

Greg66 says:

Greg66
    Participant

2+ gang gen 2 switches can be a little bit tricky to wire, I’ve found. There’s no two-way switching involved, right?

I’ve found in the past that I have been able to work out a solution by connecting my errant lights to a simply one gang rocker switch. Through a process of trial and error I can usually work out in the end what is powering what.

Can you post a photo of your switch, wired up?

MIDD_2005 says:

MIDD_2005
    Participant

It will be 2 way but at the moment I’m just trying to suss the wiring based on 1 way first. I’ve literally tried every combination possible,

Would lightwave be able to other any support in this scenario?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.