WigWag Integration

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General Smart Home… > WigWag Integration > Page 2

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Musaic 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

How did you install on your Raspberry?

The easy way is to copy the complete image (operating system & Domoticz) on to a SD card as per:

http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Domoticz_RaspberryPi_SD_Image

or just follow the instructions to get an operating system up on the Rpi and then install Domoticz:

http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Preparing_RaspberryPI_(Debian-Wheezy)_for_Domoticz

The instructions may sound a bit ‘techy’ but if you follow step by step it’s pretty straightforward.

Good Luck!

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rob, ill give it a go with the easy route, the last twice I went down the step by step route.
    first time it would not take the startx or sudo startx command. lol, but a repeat of the exercise seemed to clear it.

looks like this evening project is sorted. Thanks.

One other quick question, as mentioned have it all running on my laptop, does the RFXCOM 433, not see commands from the door / window sensors ? mine doesn’t seem to !! I was hoping to do something cleaver like, if time >6pm and <6am turn on outside lights when garage door opens (currently have a door sensor on it paired to outside lights, but the activate everytime the door is opened.
    Does he RFXCOM pick up the PIRs and what their doing.

Sorry for all the questions.
    Phil

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Yes, the RFxcom picks up Lightwaverf & Homeeasy door sensors and Lightwaverf PIRs.

What you are doing is exactly my scenarios – I use PIRs and door sensors to trigger other events based on time and state logic.

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

thanks Rob, going to make my SD card now, think id better turn on homeeasy on the RFX as well.
    Thanks again.

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Rob, after many hours, and many formats of my SD card, im there, have it all working on laptop and rpi, thanks for all your help.

bigkatoomer says:

bigkatoomer
    Participant

Ok, to pull this back on topic:

WigWag are developing interoperability at this moment. If they include LWRF, this could mean a much slicker, simpler and far more powerful interface for LWRF.

For all those with RaspPIs and arduino, think about if the general consumer can buy wigwag and then use cheap LWRF stuff as the output, then it’ll help sales of a slightly flagging LWRF.

While I think the products LWRF are great, the apps, and web interface have been extremely poor indeed. It would be great if another solution could be slotted in here.

So, if you’re interested, be a ‘me too’ on this list of interfacing systems to build the attention LWRF gets. It will really help get LW on the map!!

http://talk.wigwag.com/t/list-table-chart-matrix-of-things-that-will-work-with-wigwag/171

Will

Musaic says:

Musaic
    Participant

For your interest our product talks LWRF and integrates with Wigwag also….

http://kck.st/1j4wQHQ

Obviously only really relevant if you do fancy some audio too, but it is a way to bridge the worlds.

Matt

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.