WigWag Integration

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Musaic 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
     bigkatoomer says:

bigkatoomer
    Participant

Ok, posting in a forum last active 3 months ago, but here goes.

I’m a Kickstarter backer for WigWag. http://www.wigwag.com/

WigWag will be creating sensors that help supplement additional logic to then perform automated tasks.

I have a significant smattering of Lightwave products including plug switches and dimmers and motion sensors.

What I’m missing is genuine SMART logic to control them. Tieing in presence, with daylight, with outside temp, with behaviour within the house, THEN switch this or that on or off.

WigWag have sensor blocks that will help capture motion, vibration, open/close latches, audio etc.
    WigWag also have the If this Then that type online logic.
    LightwaveRF control my lights and sockets
    Heatmiser WiFi controls my heating.

So I’m now presented with a problem. I need WigWag to interface with my outputs (LW and Heatmiser), but WigWag haven’t named either on their roadmap for support. I REALLY want to avoid Rasp PI / Arduino if possible to accomplish this!

So is anyone else in the same boat? Is anyone else interested in this? If you are, please request directly to WigWag to consider building a LW interface!

Will

Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Why do you want to avoid Rasp PI? You can already do all this with a Raspberry running Domoticz. Good clean interface and smart logic available in a GUI blocky interface or LUA scripts for really advanced stuff.

I have loads of lightwave stuff now integrated with Temp sensors, PIRs, light level that are controlled based on smart logic using simple if/then/else/time etc based logic.

The expense is the RF com (£78) but there is a huge open source community on Domoticz.

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Rob, please tell me more, I have jut kitted my whole house with LWRF except, hall stairs and landings where I have philco PIR, light level sensor, switch I one neat unit, but want to change to LWRF, for the remote capabilities, but their PIR’s are not light sensitive.
    how can I make this happen ? I also love to voice activate my house.

Thanks in advance.
    Phil

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Lightwave PIRs do have light sensitivity settings – I use one to control my porch light directly. There are 3 settings – I think the lowest level is active at dusk and below.

The more advanced stuff is where it starts to get impressive. For example, One of my logic events is – If the children’s Night lights are off (They are on lightwave sockets) and the time is between 11pm & sunrise (I’m in bed!) and the landing PIR sensor is triggered then turn on the landing light at dim level 25% for 4 mins. (So they can see their way to the toilet!).

The possibilities go on – I’ve also temperature sensors (RF Oregon ones) which trigger Lightwave relays controlling ceiling fans based on certain conditions. A Rf doorbell which triggers things (including a wifi Camera snapshot!) based on conditions. – Eg I don’t want it to ring at certain times.
    Lightwave door switches. Lightwave LEDs in the kitchen. I think it’s great stuff! The one thing you have to be careful off is that there is no two way feedback. So if a switch is turned on manually, Domoticz doesn’t know – The trick is to control everything through RF – either using iPhone, remotes or the wireless switches – I replaced a couple of switches with Lightwave Wireless ones controlling lightwave relays. These were the ones controlling ceiling fans/lights so I could track states and use in logic events combined with other conditions.

I did also have it controlled from my iPhone using Siri voice control – To do this, I had my Raspberry running the LightwaveRf gem and Siri proxy – This basically sends the commands back to the Wifi link. It worked well but I’m sure it will break when ios7 comes out. There is no reason why you couldn’t have 2 RaspberryPIs – one dedicated to the voice control & one dedicated to Domoticz. All the device states will appear in Domoticz as the Wifi link sends commands.

In the end, I’ve not continued with the voice control…

Enjoy!

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Rob, thanks so much for your feedback.
    I also have an Oregon weather station with 433 remote sensors, hence was thinking about an RFXCOM unit.
    have been reading a lot about the siri proxy server and gems, um “thing” sorry really not up to speed on it all yet.
    its good news about the PIRs.

Its going to be quite a long on going project, as currently having building work done, n revamping though out, so want to get as much in situ before the decorating is done.

your comments are very much appreciated.

thank you.

Gone in at the deep end and learning with RPI, RFX, Conrad, WiFi link, 5 PIRs, 5 Door sensors, 18 light switches, 22 sockets and 4 Mood controllers all running on Domoticz. Normal comment I get is, whats wrong with just turning on a switch....
     Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

@Rob,

Something you said up there caught my interest mate.

I use a Pi and Domoticz too but I noticed you said that the wifi link sends all the commands…are you using an RFXCom and a Wifi Link in harmony? If so what are the benefits of doing that instead of just the Pi? (oh, apart from that you can use the LWRF App).

-Dave.

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     Jdelaney78 says:

Jdelaney78
    Participant

I’d like anything that doesn’t require knowledge of the command line, compilation of unix scripts or anything else along those lines.

LightwaveRF is the technophobes choice IMO and anything that builds on it or provides missing functionality or integration needs to be equally plug and play. Any solution that avoids a raspberry-pi and just works would be especially welcomed by me. Anyone have any suggestions?

PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rob, Have got my RFX today and have been playing with it on the laptop, got it linked to all LWRF and Oregon scientific weather station, have worked out the unit codes 312012 / 13 etc, so getting there slowly.
    just a quick question, the rfx an link to loads of items like X10 etc,
    I have a fantasia remote control fan, works on 433.92, and was wondering how I can find out if the rfx will link to it, any ideas ?

Thanks again
    Phil

Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Hi Phil, You can download the RFXmngr program from the rfxcom.com site. I think it’s only windows – in that you can then see the log of everything it ‘hears’ and turn on/off various options. Turn all on, press the button on your remote and see if anything is logged! You can then narrow down the profiles.

If it doesn’t appear, then you can always email Bert at rfxcom to see if it’s on the roadmap.

As a side point, you’ll need to upgrade the RFxcom to the latest firmware if you still use the Wifi Link. Only the latest firmware ‘hears’ the Off command from the Wifi link!

Not entirely sure why I still use the Wifi link….. probably just lazy in not resetting all my timers on to the Pi. I’m also curious as to how the new app might look – and if something can control the colour changing LEDs……..! They work fine together – might even get another Pi and install voice control again….

Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

@Rob Hehe – yeah…understood. I have just reinstated my Wifi link – Mrs is happier with that UI over Domoticz.
    Rumour has it that the new app is going to be very similar to the Android version. I’d love it to have some conditional logic but I suspect it won’t have.

-Dave

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Thanks Rob, got the RFXmngr, tried it out on my laptop, still waiting for RPI to turn up, checked all the boxes n think it was not happy.
    will carry on using the wifilink for my iphone, what ever I do it does not seem to pick up the fan, so will email Bert, can he be picked up from the RFX site ?
    downloaded it today n seems to be hearing the off command, thanks again, just hope I wont be asking too many questions!!

Phil

PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rob, now have my RPI up and running (eventually), have also loaded domoticz on to it, on the desk top GUI and on the command line prompt, I can start domoticz, says its an executable file, would I like to run it, “yes” but nothing happens, just stays on desktop as is, what am I missing ?

Sorry to be asking again.

Thanks
    Phil

b_weijenberg says:

b_weijenberg
    Participant

Start a browser and go to http://localhost:8080

PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Hello, just throws up a 404 error

PhilC says:

PhilC
    Participant

Have got it working on my windows laptop with no problem and all works fine.
    as for the rpi tho, just cant get it to run in the browser, even tried with the same hppt://127.0.0.1:8080/ which it is what it is using on my laptop.

completely stuck here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.