Wi-Fi Link : Somethings which are not in the manual

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Wi-Fi Link : Someth…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Link : Somethings which are not in the manual

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AlexS 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Here’s a funny I found last night. Thanks to Virgin Media, they seem to have lost a range of "internet" capability, including the one used by the Wi-Fi Link.

To cut a long diagnostic story short, I put the WiFi link onto my second ADSL circuit and hey presto it worked.

However, the things I found out where quite interesting.
    1. You need to be connected to the LightwaveRF Servers to register an iOS device. The WiFi link just says **FAILED** when you register the device if it is not.
    2. The time is stil wrong. Thinks it is 08/02/2013. Does this have impact??
    3. I have 1.95 BETA on my WiFi Link. I do not remember having a Beta programme or agreeing to join up to one.
    4. Android Device said that the WiFi link had received the command successfully, when it could not.

Very interesting stuff.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     steven says:

steven
    Participant

I thought we were all on the pre-B&Q release beta program, and that jsjs were going to give us all a big discount on furture orders to say thanks?

foxy says:

foxy
    Participant

Is it obvious to check your firmware version number? I got mine from B&Q at the weekend so wonder if it is a different version…

Shadow says:

Shadow
    Participant

I will have to look into this more when i get home.

I take it the Wifi link does not have its own web interface? So i take it we cant choose which firmware we want etc?

Or do we have any sort of access to the Wifilink, ssh? telnet? etc?

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

On Re-boot, you get the Version number of the firmware on the display.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     AndreWilley says:

AndreWilley
    Participant

Mine auto updated itself as soon as I plugged into the network.

Andre

Tissy says:

Tissy
    Participant

You’re lucky, on checking mine it had 1.91 TEST as the software version !!

Recycling the power forced it to upgrade, however it is now at 1.95 BETA. Not sure if this is the latest release ?

As my WiFi link is in the loft within a 19" cabinet, having to recycle the power to force an upgrade is a pain, particulalry as there seem to be no procedure / mailing list in place to inform users an upgrade is available.

If the WiFi link was to poll LightWaves servers to check for an upgrade every 7 days for example, this would be a better feature.

AlexS says:

AlexS
    Participant
    "Tissy":3reunwc4 wrote:

You’re lucky, on checking mine it had 1.91 TEST as the software version !!

Recycling the power forced it to upgrade, however it is now at 1.95 BETA. Not sure if this is the latest release ?

As my WiFi link is in the loft within a 19" cabinet, having to recycle the power to force an upgrade is a pain, particulalry as there seem to be no procedure / mailing list in place to inform users an upgrade is available.

If the WiFi link was to poll LightWaves servers to check for an upgrade every 7 days for example, this would be a better feature.

Noted. 1.95 beta is the latest one, although another upgrade is going out later today/tomorrow. The current software shouldn’t say beta by the way if anyone was wondering; the beta label should have been removed on release but wasn’t.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.