Whats the difference between the JSJSLW922 & JSJSLW944

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Whats the difference between the JSJSLW922 & JSJSLW944

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  revolutionary 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     thenull3rs says:

thenull3rs
    Participant

Quick question,

Whats the difference between the JSJSLW922 & JSJSLW944 Radiator Valves

Iv been reading around that the JSJSLW922 make quite a noise at times, Does the JSJSLW944 fix this or is this one has the same problem

:)

miken says:

miken
    Participant

LW944 is just a code for a three-pack of the LW922s I believe.
    So, exactly the same TRV controllers but three times the noise :-)

thenull3rs says:

thenull3rs
    Participant

So before I go ahead and buy some, is the noise on then very loud to pi** you off

miken says:

miken
    Participant

And yes, from experience they are noisy.

I went down the Evohome path eventually, as recommended by others here.
    The TRVs are quieter, and generally better but at a sigignificant price hike when you have 16 rads (as I do)

Not only that, I’ve had several comms issues with it, and still cannot resolve one of them.

Thinking of ditching the whole lot and going back to basic control again.
    Though I’d probably put the hot water control on an LW relay timer now that they seem fairly reliable.

miken says:

miken
    Participant

Sorry, was answering myself rather than your question.

Yes, they were noisy enough to annoy, though there seemed to be sample variations in just how noisy.
    The other issue was the length of noise, they would do recalibration checks at the drop of a hat, and when they were operating it seemed to go on a long time. In other words, part of the annoyance was the fact that once you’re aware of the noise, it seems to go on for quite a while.

The Evohomess by contrast were noticeable, but are quieter and operate in fairly short bursts.
    In a bedroom I’d say both were intrusive, but one was acceptable (Evohome) the other wasn’t. (LW)

thenull3rs says:

thenull3rs
    Participant

Might have to look into EvoHome.. don’t want to install them if it’s going to be noisy and wake the kids up..

miken says:

miken
    Participant

If you go down the Evohome path let me know as I might be ditching the whole lot.
    Others like it but to be honest I’ve had lots of grief with it.

One particular issue is in fact a TRV controller which is on the end of RF range. As a result it doesn’t operate reliably.

i also have problems with rads coming on when the hot water fires up – but only sometimes…

I don’t want to put too much of a dampener on it as others have had great experiences.
    I ended up having to take videos of some of my anomalies to prove to Honeywell that my system was set up as per their documentation, but still didn’t work correctly.

Pity, as in other respects it’s nice kit.

revolutionary says:

revolutionary
    Participant

Trying a different approach this winter to avoid the noisy adjustments. Am going to use the valves in simple on/off and only change being the active zone when the boiler is fired up by timer

When will some company combine the expanding wax mechanical thermosetting with remote electronic changes. Pointless having the motors wear out batteries making minor adjustments that can be handled well by the old wax mechanicals?

colin2296fs says:

colin2296fs
    Participant

I have one of these

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/multifit-thermal-actuator-240v-p-396.html

switched through one of these

http://www.sheepwalkelectronics.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=60

controlled by one of these

http://www.sheepwalkelectronics.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=59

then running from a raspberry pi with domoticz to control temperature,
    you get a click from the switch when it is switching either on or off but apart from that it is silent, if you use a 4 wire actuator then if all your radiators are fitted with this setup you could have the boiler only switching on when an actuator has been switched on by domoticz to call for heat, or if you plug the 2 wire actuator into a lwrf socket or adapter then you don’t need any of the sheepwalk stuff but don’t have boiler control. could work out cheaper than the lwrf stuff with silence and no battery’s to change every 2 months

revolutionary says:

revolutionary
    Participant

It looks like there was a company developing a combination expanding wax with electronic control as per my post on 29/8/16 – that company was Lightwaverf themselves as shown by their recently granted patent GB2537911A. Priority date 30/4/15 so the idea was not ‘nicked’ from my posting but I did come up with the idea independently before the publication on 2/11/16 ……Can’t wait for this to appear in a product. Maybe that is one reason the current rubbish valves are not being sold through apple. Maybe apple are sensible and waiting for the decent new product.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.