what we need

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     stevey1983 says:

stevey1983
    Participant

One thing that hasn’t been thought of are other accessories, not nessaserly to work with lightwave but to fit in cosmetically

Tv points
    Cat5e/6 points
    Telephone points

above could be done cheaply buy just making a faceplace that you can insert modules into

Also you could do with switched and unswitched fused spurs, esspecially for kitchens

Mince Inside says:

Mince Inside
    Participant

About 5 yr ago I ran Cat6 alongside my TV coax and replace the TV outlet with a 2 gang face plate and clicked in an RJ45 module and TV module (http://www.screwfix.com/p/screened-single-iec-coax-outlet-module-white/26681)

Nothing to stop you fitting one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-1-gang-slave-telephone-grid-module-white/96798

Would a LightwaeRF relay happily fit in your fused spur?

Domoticz V2.2051 Raspberry Pi (B) with PiFace RFXtrx433 USB LighwaveRF relays, dimmer bulbs and light switches Siemens On/Off 13A adaptors Marmitek MS13E Motion (and Dusk) sensors
     stevey1983 says:

stevey1983
    Participant

And faceplate? What would you suggest that looks exactly the same as a lightwave one? I’m speaking from installing point of view on, most of my customers wouldn’t be happy with a double socket next to a different looking fused spur or different looking tv point etc. Yes you can get a similar finish, but different makes look different

stevey1983 says:

stevey1983
    Participant

Sorry missed you saying you used a lightwave faceplate, who sells them? So just spurs they need to make to match

Mince Inside says:

Mince Inside
    Participant

By design my my TV / Cat6 outlets are all hidden by TVs / cabinets and just bog standard white single size with the 2 modules so not an issue for me – visible spurs are a mixture of white or chrome or brass dependant on the room ‘theme’ and deliberately not side by side with kit of a different make/model. Have a wander around BnQ or Screwfix website and you’ll find stuff (OK no coloured LEDs) not a million miles from LW kit.

I’ve not had a need to look for non-white plug in modules but I’m sure they’ll exist – or even the brush boxes appear popular (you know bristles like on the back of some letter boxes)

Domoticz V2.2051 Raspberry Pi (B) with PiFace RFXtrx433 USB LighwaveRF relays, dimmer bulbs and light switches Siemens On/Off 13A adaptors Marmitek MS13E Motion (and Dusk) sensors
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I find the super slim range from builder depot a very close match. http://www.builderdepot.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=5&q=super+slim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.