Well look what I've just found…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Well look what I've just found…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chester 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     GlynH says:

GlynH
    Participant

I always keep an eye open on Apple’s HomeKit page to see what upcoming products are in the pipeline and guess who is listed near the bottom of the page under the ‘Bridges’ category?

http://www.apple.com/ios/home/accessories/

Yup…nearly three years after announcing on 26 June 2014 that following an approach by Apple, it had been accepted as an Apple MFI developer allowing it to use the Apple MFi logo to promote its products as made for iPod, iPhone and iPad it now states coming soon!

Now I’m not holding my breath because nearly two years ago on 9th April 2015 LWRF also announced that Apple have agreed to assist LightwaveRF in implementing the correct protocol in LightwaveRF’s Weblink in order to enable customers the benefits of using HomeKit with the Company’s product range. HomeKit is a framework in iOS 8 for communicating with and controlling connected accessories in a user’s home.

iOS 8 seems such a long time ago and after the usual LWRF announcements of coming soon by the end of the year(!) it seems progress and deployment might be getting closer.

LightwaveRF Link 2Coming soon!

Possibly.

-=Glyn=-

ajay.assani says:

ajay.assani
    Participant

yes i saw this and got all happy its the same story with energie but someone from lightwaverf should come forward and start informing.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

It is possible a bug crept in as you were setting up the timer or event. For a long time I have had an issue with one light (outside) which sometimes would go off at its designated time but other times it would not. Its was one of three lights in an Event. I added a single Timer to switch this one light off 10 minutes or so after its designated off time. This did not work. The failure was intermittent. On the whole it worked as it should more times than it failed to. Of late I decided to tackle it. I set up an Event with 5 “offs” for the problem light all a few seconds apart. I set this Event to run after the proper designated one. It seemed OK for a few days but the problem returned. I then deleted the original Event and the Timer. Exited the app and ran it again. Refreshed etc. I then wrote the Event afresh and set it up in Timers. This was 7 days ago. It has worked since. Normally I used to get a failure at least once or twice a week. I am supposing now that my original instruction had a bug of some sort in it. Probably I will be proved wrong when the light fails to go off tonight! However, it is worth a try.

Jason_G says:

Jason_G
    Participant

Looks like Apple have removed it

GlynH says:

GlynH
    Participant

Looks like Apple have removed it

I just read that too on Apple Discussion Board 9 to 5 Mac;

Also stricken from the list is the LightwaveRF Link 2. There is little actual information about the product, but on April 18, the company said on Facebook that HomeKit integration was “currently in development” and it was “contractually obliged not to release any more information” on the the product.

I’ve never known a Company promise so much and deliver so little.

-=Glyn=-

MrR1gby says:

MrR1gby
    Participant

Looks like it just been moved to the Uk part of the Apple Site.

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/home/accessories/

Jason_G says:

Jason_G
    Participant

Looks like it just been moved to the Uk part of the Apple Site.

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/home/accessories/

Or just not removed yet.. :(

Jason_G says:

Jason_G
    Participant
     jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

“future proofed by remote over- the-air update capability.”

lol. Marketing BS alert. Remote over-the-air update capability didn’t help “future-proof” the original Lightwave Links did it. Clearly new hardware is required.

Chester says:

Chester
    Participant

Well, let’s wait and see, er, later this year is it!?! I wonder what features of the new lighting an switching products we’ll see:

* 2-way comms?
    * RGB(W) control?
    * PIR to the Link+?

Chester
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.