WebApp for Gen2 now available

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion WebApp for Gen2 now available

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Just got an email to say the webapp is now available:
    https://my.lightwaverf.com/

They have also rebranded “Gen2″ to be referred to “Smart Series”

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

I have been speaking to LWRF helpdesk over the last week, so unless something has changed in the last week, this is still in its beta phase with some features not fully functional yet

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

was from an official email – nothing to do with testing…

Anyhow, just went to edit an automation using it,
    I have a light that comes on in steps of 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100% over a ten minute period.
    On the phones, the steps are 10%
    on the web app, it says they are 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10%

So they are up to their usual initial software quality on this

Greg66 says:

Greg66
    Participant

However, the web app works for cleaning up malfunctioning automation issues.

This week I set a number of our light switch morning automations to not running, for half term. Then I noticed in the app that they’d lost some details – such as time and days, and couldn’t be edited. They had to be deleted. So I deleted them and recreated them, and set them to non-running and they lost their details again.

Into the web app and there they are, but with the days of the week appearing twice and no time appearing at all. Deleted them from there and recreated them in the web app, and set them to non-running in the web app and presto everything is fine – they appear in the phone app fully constituted but not running.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

they’ve fixed the brightness being 1/10th of what it should be issue now.

made a new automation yesterday to run at 7:10am this morning – it did not run… usual software quality for lightwave…

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

update on my automation not working – It’s caused by the inconsistency between their apps.

on old app if you have a timer/event running at 7am and you set lights to do 0%, 50%, 100% and set delays to 10 seconds, then you will get the 3 levels all with 10 seconds between them
    in the gen 2 app, if you do the same, you get all 3 running simultaneously at 7am+10 seconds

With Gen1 3 steps covering 30 seconds is like: start at 7am, delay 10, do something, delay 10, do something delay 10, do something
    With Gen2, 3 steps covering 30 seconds is like: start at 7am, delay 10, do something, delay 20, do something delay 30, do something!

once you realise the difference it makes more sense!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.