Web Site to WiFi link

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     jamesscott says:

jamesscott
    Participant

Hi all,
    Is it possible after setting up events and timers via the management website to then push these setting down to the WiFi controller. The reason being I have all the timers and events setup but they fail to work if we loose internet connection. We don’t have an always on connection to the internet at present.
    Thanks
    Jim

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

If you have set up the wifi link up correctly then if you make any changes to the web or phone apps then they should be saved into the wifi link. You can force the updates on your phone app by logging out and back in again.
    What you are asking the link and web app should do

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     jamesscott says:

jamesscott
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have an Android or iOS phone so I cannot use the Apps to push the settings to the WiFi link box. I only have access to the manager via the lightwave website. After I make changes on the web they are not replicated down to the box. If I leave the internet on everything works as expected. Turn the internet router off and non of the timers or events work from that time onwards.

Does the web page have a ‘push to wifi link’ button I am missing somewhere?

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I understood that the web app automatically pushes the commands to the web link and they are stored there also, so I am assuming that when you say replicated to the box, is because the timer does not work as planned.
    I don’t know how frequently the web page updates the wifi link, but with you switching internet on/off to the wifi link it could be a timing issue

I would suggest you make a change to the web app, whilst the wifi link is connected to the internet, wait a while then see if your timer works

If not raise a ticket with LWRF or ring them as they are usually very good

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.