Web Interface and Android

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SimonCatlin 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

May have noticed something, but needs further testing by someone else.
    Added a new device
    Room = Outside
    Device 3 = Kitchen

Due to it being a Low energy bulb (does not come on until 90% power) I have set the switch to be on/off on the Wi-Fi link (and iOS).

On the webiste (and by definition Android), I set this up to be an On/Off switch. However, the Android App and Web Page both show the option to increment the dimming (75%, 50%, 25%). Not clever (light flickers at 75% like a bad disco).
    Can someone else check please?

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     AlexS says:

AlexS
    Participant

In terms of the increments that shouldn’t be there, this is a bug in the android app and pc interface and is being fixed on the next update.

Are you running the bulb via a lightwaverf dimmer? Non dimmable bulbs shouldn’t really be used with the dimmers (some do work but we don’t recommend this as they can damage the bulb or the dimmer).

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Alex, Thanks for the update.

It is on an RF light switch, which I have defined as on/off for this very reason, which is how I spotted the bug. The circuit also has one energy saving bulb and an stanard filament bulb.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.