Wall Box interference switch not working

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Wall Box interferen…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Wall Box interference switch not working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bencordy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     bencordy says:

bencordy
    Participant

I’ve been struggling to get a wall switch working with out new bedroom light setup (lightwaverf relay mounted in the roof space). The master mood controller I bought to function as the switch isn’t working when mounted in the existing switch box (which is immediately below the relay’s position in the roof.

I’ve discovered that any lw controller triggered inside the wall box fails to trigger the relay despite working everywhere else in the room.

Anyone have any ideas around this that preserves a functioning switch on the wall?

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Have you checked the battery in the mood controller? Even if it is a new unit sometimes the battery can be a bit run down if the item has been on the shelf for a while. This could reduce the transmit power which might be making the difference.

bencordy says:

bencordy
    Participant

Yeah thanks for that, I gave new batteries a go but unfortunately still the same problem. I’ve now discovered if I hold the switch just an inch away from the wall box it works perfectly. Even more strangely I’ve discovered the off commands work fine, it’s just on that won’t work in the box. But if if it the mood controller upside down (with the status led at the bottom) it works perfectly. Anyone experienced anything like this before?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.