Using LightwaveRF while away from home.

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Using LightwaveRF while away from home.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stooby2 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     rossmartin82 says:

rossmartin82
    Participant

I have read that it is possible to use LightwaveRF while away from home to switch lights on and off. I just wondered how I go about doing this? I’ve tried to search for the answer, but have been unsuccessful.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Ross

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

To control lightwaverf remotely you need a wifilink unit connected to the internet and an android or apple phone with the lightwaverf app on it

You register your lightwaverf link unit with lightwaverf (instructions in the box) and login with the lightwaverf app.

If you already have the link unit, what version is it?

rossmartin82 says:

rossmartin82
    Participant

U2.94D is the version. I have the LightwaveRF link connected to my router and I have the app. I’ve had it for a few years now, but I’ve never been able to figure out how to set up the option of controlling when I’m away from the house.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

There isn’t an option. It just happens. You can of course configure the app one way or the other but I never have done, just left it alone and it automatically does what is required of it when away, including switching lights on in the UK whilst in Sydney, Australia.

Stooby2 says:

Stooby2
    Participant

I have tried various means of switching lights on and off while away.

Manually switching them on using the app works most of the time, but not always.

Using the timers from the app is a disaster. I was away last week and asked my neighbour to keep an eye on what lights came on and if the telly was on in the evening as the previous time, I wasn’t happy that they were doing what they should do.

Came home at lunchtime to find lights on and telly off. My neighbour said lights were on at random times as was the telly, or one day, nothing at all.

It doesn’t help that the app is fairly tortuous to use in setting up timers.

Back to good old digital socket timer switches I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.