using Alexa app and Echo dot to operate Lightwaverf in-line Relay LW821

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting using Alexa app and Echo dot to operate Lightwaverf in-line Relay LW821

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     Alan Bennett says:

Alan Bennett
    Participant

I have successfully installed the Link Plus to operate the 2nd Generation power socket and three relays LW821 which operate my blinds. All this works well with the Lightwave app.
    I now have installed An Echo dot and have the Alexa app installed on my IPad and Samsung S7 phone. The Alexa app has discovered the Generation two power socket and I can cooperate the socket using the Alexa app or the Echo Dot. However the Alexa app will not discover the the LW821 relay.
    I have tried many attempts to solve but without success. I called Lightwaverf tech support they said it was a problem with Amazons Alexa app. So I called Amazon who have now raised a technical equity ticket to investigate.
    Has anyone else solved this?

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Probably just another g2 teething issue. They work ok with g1 although the open/close voice commands are hit and miss so i find it necessary to create a routine with open or close in the phrase.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.