Using a standard switch with inline relay 500w

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Using a standard… > Page 3

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Using a standard switch with inline relay 500w

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  michael ward 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
     YaX says:

YaX
    Participant

thanks for the responses.
    attached pic illustrated the config I’m looking for.
    due to the application, I need a remote control for some of the time and a PIR will not cut it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Chester says:

Chester
    Participant

Erm, yeah, er, no. I think you need a two way switch, one position as direct supply, one to route through the LW400. I still don’t see the point though. I think you need to go back to the application this is for.

Chester
     YaX says:

YaX
    Participant

Thanks, Chester, the 2 way switch seemed to solve the issue of shorting the LW400 (wiring diagram attached).
    I know it’s an odd scenario, but it may help another one day :)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

Although the above method will work fine as an on/off mechanical switch, it has the drawback that you cannot use the link when the load is switched on. You do have another problem and that is that if the switch is on at the time of a power cut, then the occupant goes out, the light will come back on when power is restored.

Why not just use a battery operated lightwaveRF switch, as the default state is off after a power cut. In other words an action of on is needed to turn the light on. This then can be used as a normal light switch.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.