Unreliable Plug In Dimmer Module

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Unreliable Plug In…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Unreliable Plug In Dimmer Module

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  markk 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Here’s a new one on me and an opportunity to ask for help rather than give it. I have a plug in dimmer module that I’ve had for a couple of years. It’s become intermittently unreliable at responding to a mood switch in the last week or so. It hasn’t moved in over a year so I’ve moved it a little closer to the mood switch, repaired the mood switch with it and still it seems a little less reliable than it should. Any thoughts? Can anyone remember how to clear it down completely so I can re-pair/re-set the moods etc?

Oh, just had a thought. I wonder whether it is actually the battery in the mood switch and not the dimmer module. The mood switch has been used daily for a year or so (we favour the table lamps over the ceiling light) and still has it’s original factory fitted battery in it. Anyone have any experience of life expectancy of the batteries in the mood switches?

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Justin says:

Justin
    Participant

I bought two mood switches earlier in the year. One wouldn’t pair with anything. I changed the battery and bingo, fully functioning. That is where I would start.

Wifi link, plug in adapter's, wall and mood switches. Heating controls sometime?? We'll see. Lol
     markk says:

markk
    Participant

I’d defo swap the battery out first. Go for a decent brand though. I only have one mood switch which is relatively new but have had similar issues with a PIR. It started to work only intermittently so I changed the battery (cheap one off fleabay), still nothing. Same thing with two of those. Then, grabbed a Duracell one locally, Bingo. Worked perfectly since.

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by