Unable to Dim LEFF Lighting with Alexa.

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Unable to Dim LEFF…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Unable to Dim LEFF Lighting with Alexa.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     Steve.gibbs5 says:

Steve.gibbs5
    Participant

Hello.

So I have installed LWRF dimmer switches in several rooms of my house and all are working well either with the app, and with Amazon Alexa. The one thing I cannot seem to do is, as the title suggests, is to dim the lights using Alexa. When a light is on, I have tried commands such as…

“Set bedroom light to 50″
    “Set bedroom light to 50%”
    “Dim bedroom light to 50″

but the response I get fro Alexa is “That command does not work on device-bedroom light”.

I have heard that I should be able to dim the lights this way, so any ideas what I am missing?

Also, how can I dim the lights using the LWRF app? The only control I see in “On” and “Off”.

Many thanks.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

It sounds like you have set your device up in the app as a on/off device rather than a dimmer.
    You don’t mention which App you are using but each is different, when you initially pair your device you should be able to set the type of device

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.