UDP for light state on Gen1

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > UDP for light state…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers UDP for light state on Gen1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mark harding 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     mark harding says:

mark harding
    Participant

Does any one know if there is the udp request to return the state of the device. i know it will only return the state that the hub knows and not the actual state. you can ask google home

Check Status:
    “OK Google, is my [device name] on?”

so wondered if there was a way of doing it at all in a query form.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I don’t think the link 1 maintains a status for devices. It just responds to UDP requests and translates the command into the relevant 433MHz messages to transmit to devices.

The protocol and messages are at https://api.lightwaverf.com/

Link 2 may be different as the devices are 2 way and the link 2 may well be collecting state change messages from the device in order to update the app.

mark harding says:

mark harding
    Participant

It must store something but not sure what. i know gen 2 does as that’s why it was released

but as i said if i ask google the state it can tell me but it repeats the last know state from the hub, so if i turn it on with the hub, then off with the switch it will stay say its on and vice versa.

just wondering if it can recalled at all via any other method

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I concur that I’m not aware of the Link’s ability to store any kind of device status. Are you sure it’s not Google remembering what it was last asked to do as opposed to asking the Link what it last did?

mark harding says:

mark harding
    Participant

Defo something on the unit I think but God knows what. I ask Google the status it says light off. Turn it on with the webpage not Google and it then says it’s on. Use the switch to turn it off. Still says it’s on obviously as no 2 way coms. So defo not Google. Unless when you use the app it’s publishing the state to Google that’s why it knows so looking at it’s own servers a little like you said.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.