turn socket on with thermostat

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > turn socket on with…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers turn socket on with thermostat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dgilbert2 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     luissm says:

luissm
    Participant

hi,
    In my workshop i have a small oil radiator that i would like to turn on every time the room temperature falls below 10 degrees C.
    I looked the ifttt services that lightwave rf offers and on the thermostat ifttt offers a service called Lightwave rf heating which has what looks like a trigger which says:
    `temperature below target`

so when I try using this as the trigger for turning on the socket where the radiator is, the bit that says ” which thermostat” says no options found and cannot find the thermostat
    i have tried using a socket or even a light as a trigger and the same “no options” appears.

note that all these devices are connected with the lightwave rf link (old one) and show up on the app.

can anyone help ? am I missing something?

thanks

dgilbert2 says:

dgilbert2
    Participant

I don’t think you are missing anything.

I went back to basics and tried to turn on my LightwaveRF lights through IFTTT but also get the message “no options”. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting my LWRF account but made no differences. Some pre-existing Applets do find devices though.

So, another example where either the IFTTT side, or LightwaveRF side, or both is broken?!

Even if you click on links like “buy” from IFTTT, you get page not found errors.

Looks to have been abandoned :-(

luissm says:

luissm
    Participant

thanks for the reply.

it does.look like LightwaveRf is not caring about its users anymore… the app is in a deplorable state too. are they going under?

dgilbert2 says:

dgilbert2
    Participant

it does look like LightwaveRf is not caring about its users anymore… the app is in a deplorable state too. are they going under?

That thought has crossed my mind, which is a shame as I would like to support a UK company in this field. The way they have treated loyal “mk1″ customers is simply not acceptable. The issue around compatibility with mk2 and the prices and no upgrade path has just alienated too many customers.

In this particular topic though, I do feel IFTTT have some responsibility to take but they have a poor track record also. I bet its been not working for months!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.