TRVs and Boiler Switch

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     simonhoy says:

simonhoy
    Participant

I’m new to this site, but have used LightwaveRF products for about 5 years. I am just moving house and am having all new heating put in in the form of a Gas Combi Boiler and radiators. In my last house i had the Boiler switch and stat, it worked nicely. I am considering having TRVs on all the radiators in the house, but am looking for advice. The house will have 11 radiators.

Should I bother putting TRVs on all the radiators, or should I just use my existing boiler switch and stat? or is there a happy mix between the 2?

Thoughts are welcome

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I started with The TRV’s and added them up buying them they were on offer, I have a total of 16 radiators, but only fitted the TRV’s to 12 of them, I left the bathrooms/ toilets with Normal TRV’s, at the time I didn’t fit the LWRF Boiler controller or the thermostat, just used the existing ones, as at the time the call for heat function was not available. My main purpose was that my wife works from home, but only uses a couple of rooms, so generally the heating is on, but I couldn’t see the point in having every radiator on. It works fine, however it did annoy me that the boiler would be coming on based on the boiler settings, but actually the radiators didn’t need it, so I recently purchased the LWRF boiler switch and thermostat but haven’t fitted them yet, as pressure not on as its summer.
    I think the TRV’s are great and do the job of getting each room to a desired temp, and not having rooms heated when not required.
    Using the graphs I noticed that my landing radiator hardly ever was on as the rest of the house was heating it to desired temp, so that must be a cost saving, but I’m personally not using them for cost, convenience is more important, but when I get it set up right, I am sure it will save me money as well.
    So for advice I would say it depends on whether you want to control the rooms individually, if not then no need

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.