TRV Requirements

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     PAULRYAN52 says:

PAULRYAN52
    Participant

hi, I’m disabled and would like to get a TRV for my bedroom radiator but will it work without the rest of the heating equipment, it’s my parents house and they won’t get nest or anything like that, can I replace the current thermostat on my radiator and control my room temperature using my phone without purchasing anything else

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

The Lightwaverf trv can be used without the rest of the stuff like room stat and boiler controller but you will need a Link unit if you want to control it using your phone.
    If you only need local control then there are bluetooth trvs available from other manufacturers for around half the cost of a Lw trv.

PAULRYAN52 says:

PAULRYAN52
    Participant

already got the link device as I have 1 lightswitch and 3 remote sockets in my room already

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Yes you will be fine then, I use the Trv’s on their own without any of the other heating equipment.

PAULRYAN52 says:

PAULRYAN52
    Participant

are they good

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Yes I’ve had no probs so far.

PAULRYAN52 says:

PAULRYAN52
    Participant

thanks is it a diy install or professional install

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Diy. Dead easy. I wasn’t looking forward to it as I’ve never really messed with radiators or plumbing but you literally unscrew your old trv and screw the new one in its place. No more than a 5 minute job.

PAULRYAN52 says:

PAULRYAN52
    Participant

thanks so much

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Obviously the heating in the house already has to be on for it to make any difference, I have 12 TRV’s operating radiators around the house without the boiler control or thermostat, so it will work

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.