Timers (in the app) only operate ONE device?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Timers (in the app)…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Timers (in the app) only operate ONE device?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

Setting a timer in the app- it can only work ONE item? I know you can group things in an Event, but I’m surprised they haven’t allowed a timer in the app to control multiple LWRF products. When selecting what it affects, it says ” 1 selected” which suggests you could also select others as well, but no! Unless I’m doing something wrong?

(So far: 12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 2x plugins 1x PIR & a dusk monitor.)
     btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

By the nature of the RF transmission only one command can be sent at a time. This means that controlling multiple devices one needs to do it sequentially with a gap in between each command. That is what events are supposed to do.

I guess they could have duplicated that functionality under timer as well, but it actually works quite well to define an event sequence separately from the time you want it fired. You can then change the time fairly easily and re-use the event at different times without changing the sequence.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT JulsM

Slowly building my LWRF collection and trying to get it to do what I want! (12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 8x plugins 1x PIR & 1x dusk monitor all with Alexa.

View all posts by