Thermostat modes when call for heat is enabled?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Thermostat modes when call for heat is enabled?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamieburchell 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

I asked LW what role the thermostat modes play when call for heat is enabled and they said they would not be able to function. However, I don’t think this is true because when I select Holiday and Frost modes this does seem to prevent the boiler firing. Away mode doesn’t seem to do anything. I know that call for heat was somewhat of an afterthought/add on but can anyone confirm what the mode functions are when enabled?

I basically want a quick way of turning the heating off while out without going through the palaver of logging in to the web UI, turning off call for heat, setting a stat mode and undoing on my return. So far Frost or Holiday modes seem to do the job.

amartinwest says:

amartinwest
    Participant

Use the app?

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

Use the app?

You can’t turn call for heat on and off using the app.

Thermostat modes can be set, but that’s not the issue as it’s easy enough to set those from the stat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.