Synchronizing timers between web app and iOS

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Synchronizing timer…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Synchronizing timers between web app and iOS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     skwerl says:

skwerl
    Participant

Anyone know how timer changes, made via the web app, can be synchronized to the iOS app?
    As far as I can tell the iOS app is only capable of pushing its settings to the LWLink which would mean changes pushed to the LWLink form the webapp can’t then be pushed on to the iOS app.
    I’m pretty sure the old iOS app had the ability to reload its settings from the LWLink (I may be imagining that though)
    If I’m right the web app and the iOS app are an either/or solution and can’t be used in conjunction with each other, which is pretty poor. I won’t be at all surprised if this is the correct answer as the supporting services for the physical products (which I think are actually quite good) are still significantly lacking. I’d hoped that, after what is quite a few years of operation, things would have improved on that front

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

All the apps synchronise with the wifi link, if they are set up correctly. The Web app relies on internet to make the changes to the wifi link.
    The mobile apps can also communicate directly with the WIFI link when in local mode, therefore when you make a on/off request in the phone apps it is virtually instant, whereas if you do it over wifi it can take a few seconds depending on the connection etc.
    The IOS app will do what you want, and should do it automatically, if however you are unsure, just log out and back in of the app
    In theory no matter what app you use they should be all the same.

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.