Synchronising timers back to wifi link

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Synchronising timer…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Synchronising timers back to wifi link

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GlynH 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     barneyd says:

barneyd
    Participant

Does anybody know how to re-synchronise timers back to the wifi link?

I can see the timers in the iPhone app (v3.2.8) and the web app but they aren’t in the wifi link. I tried everything to get the updates I did in the app to transfer across but they wouldn’t. I thought resetting the wifi link might cause it to go and check the server (like any decently written software would do) but it hasn’t so now I don’t even have the unaltered timers.

I seem to recall that the old version of the iPhone app had a function to synchronise the timers but that, like the function of actually working, seems to have been removed from the newest version.

Any help gratefully received because I’m on the verge of binning all 17 of my devices and going over to something I don’t have to waste so much time on.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

its still in the new app:
    settings / lightwave link settings / re-save events and timers..

barneyd says:

barneyd
    Participant

As far as I can tell, that just saves the timers from the mobile app back to the server. It isn’t causing the weblink to update its settings from the server.

When I use that and check the webapp, the changes have gone to the server but the weblink is still out of date.

From what I remember there used to be two buttons, one to sync to the server and one to resend the weblink. I might have remembered that wrong but either way syncing the weblink seems to be random.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

the re-save events/timers option deletes all events/timers from the link box, then re issues them all

GlynH says:

GlynH
    Participant

I have to say I am confused by this as well.

I use the app on my iPhone/iPad and also access the LightwaveRF WebApp via my Macs.

I can update the timers on my iPhone and then Re-save events & timers but even when I logout and back in to the WebApp the timers are still at their original settings and different to the iPhone.

Shouldn’t it be possible to update timers via the WebApp and then update the Link from there and then have the iPhone display the updated settings?

For me there seems to be a disconnect between the iOS App and WebApp unless I have missed something?

Thanks & kind regards,
    -=Glyn=-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.