Switches interfering with each other

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Switches interferin…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Switches interfering with each other

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Stone 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Ian Stone says:

Ian Stone
    Participant

I have a security applicating that has a 3-way switch(JSJSLW825) and a single switch (JSJSLW821) housed in an enclosure. I’m quite convinced that these switches interfere with each other. i.e most times the 3-way switch was preventing the single switch going to the off state when it is in the on state.
    I have now replaced the 3-way switch with 3 single switches. Same problem. Removing the power from the 3 switches and the single switch works as intended every time.
    Is there a problem siting these devices close together?

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

I had a similar problem with the in-line relay LW821 and a plug-in adapter. The two were separated by about 4 feet and when the adapter was switched to ‘on’ the relay intermittently failed to respond to commands (from a wireless switch or from the App). I moved the adapter ( and the item it was powering) to the other side of the room and the relay now responds as expected. Having said that I also have an 821 and an 825 in adjacent back boxes and they both work fine. Maybe a couple of inches further apart would help?
    I seem to recall somewhere there is a ‘warning’ about having LWRF devices separated by a certain distance but I can’t remember where I saw this or what the distance is. I’ve certainly found the adapters very sensitive to position in relation to each other and no clear pattern about minimum separation; trial and error, and a lot of available 13 amp sockets, usually solved the issue.

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

. . . I seem to recall somewhere there is a ‘warning’ about having LWRF devices separated by a certain distance but I can’t remember where I saw this or what the distance is. . .

In the Instruction Manual for the LW821 it states “IMPORTANT: Inline relays should not be positioned within 30cm of one another, as their transmission signals may interfere and reduce the effective operational range.”

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Ian Stone says:

Ian Stone
      Participant

Many thanks to both of you. I have used 2 similar configurations with the relays about 100mm apart and they appear to work OK. I say OK because the house is unoccupied at the time and I only see the result when I arrive home.
      I find the strange that the 3-way switch (825) and the dual gang socket work with no interaction between their adjoining switches. Must be different technology.
      So, I am now going back to the 3-way 825 in its own box with the 821 remote in another box.
      I’ve attached my wiring diagram.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.