Switches and automation glitch

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Switches and automa…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Greg66 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Greg66 says:

Greg66
    Participant

I have a Link Plus an two L21 switches. Both are exhibiting the same behaviour.

I set three automated actions:
    1 turn lights to 50%
    2 turn lights to 100%
    3 turn off lights.

3 works fine. Neither of 1 nor 2 do anything.

I briefly managed to achieve what I wanted by doing
    1 turn on lights
    2 turn lights to 100%.

This initially set the lights to 50% at stage 1 ad then to 100% at stage 2. Then it became lights on to 100% at stage 1, and no change at stage 2.

The core issue seems to be an inability to wake the lights from an off state to a set % by dialing a % number in as part of an automation. My guess is that when I got this to work, the “on” command operated to turn the lights to a pre-existing on level, which happened to be 50%.

Is there a reliable way to wake the lights to a specified %?

koper89 says:

koper89
    Participant

Try to send lights to X% and after it turn it to on.

So revert what you done with those two stages.

Greg66 says:

Greg66
    Participant

Yes, that has worked (Tech Support) advises the same thing.

To clarify: Step 1 is at 7.10 and Step 2 is at 7.15. The idea is that at wake up time the lights are subdued, then at get up time they brighten to 100%.

To make this work, one sets up two automations, both times at 7.10. One turns the lights on and one sets them to 50%. The result is that they come on to 50%. The use a third automation 5 mins later to bring them up to full power.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.