Solar panels and Energy Monitor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  markk 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     teabag says:

teabag

Hi,

does the LWRF monitor understand the sign of the current or is i dumb like most others.

The problem is that I generate electricity with Solar panels (as many now do) but the eg EoN energy monitor (current clamp type) can differentiate between consumption and generation. It adds the generated kw to the consumed – totally useless.

What does the LWRF monitor do?

markk says:

markk
    Participant

I think this, and all other clamp type monitors work by monitoring the current travelling through the cable and calculate the wattage from that. They have no way of knowing what way the current is travelling. I have solar panels and can monitor my generation and consumption using two separate clamp monitors on the correct cables. I upload the data to pvoutput.org which gives me constant access to both. I posted the instruction on here a while ago but the post may have got lost when the new forum went live a few weeks ago.

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.