Socket Pairs But Won't Switch On or Off by RF

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Socket Pairs But Won't Switch On or Off by RF

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  andyh747 21 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
     simonrg says:

simonrg
    Participant

I have a double gang socket which I am able to pair, hold down switch blue / amber alternate, then send on code and blue flash – so successful pairing.

I get the same result if I try a wireless switch 2 metres from the socket or with the rxfcom unit 1 metre or 5 metres from the socket.

I also get the same result if I clear the memory on the socket before pairing.

I have 10 double sockets and two of them will pair but not control.

Anybody else seen this. Any suggestions, thanks, Simon.

kenjonbro says:

kenjonbro
    Participant

Hi I have just set up the Wi-Fi Link with one double socket to start with & the left side was OK then stayed on all the time even though the link said it was off. I took the socket back to Maplins who exchanged it for me no problem. Now the same problem has started with the new socket. Any ideas or should I take it back again. I have cleared the memory and paired it OK but still on blue. The other side if fine.

kenjonbro (Wi-Fi Link, Energy Monitor, 5 x Double sockets S/S, 6 x Plug-in On/Off sockets, 2 x Master Single Gang Dimmer Switch, Wireless Master Mood Switch, 1 x Magnetic Switch on the front door & 1x Remote Control CFR Lamp running on Apple iPhone 5 & iPad 3 Apps)
     cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

What do you have plugged into it ?

kenjonbro says:

kenjonbro
    Participant

I had my laptop running off an anti-surge 6 way adapter with a lamp, External HD & BT graphite extension phone. These are all running fine on the right side at the moment.

kenjonbro (Wi-Fi Link, Energy Monitor, 5 x Double sockets S/S, 6 x Plug-in On/Off sockets, 2 x Master Single Gang Dimmer Switch, Wireless Master Mood Switch, 1 x Magnetic Switch on the front door & 1x Remote Control CFR Lamp running on Apple iPhone 5 & iPad 3 Apps)
     kenjonbro says:

kenjonbro
    Participant

Just had a tech chap reply & they advised a slight tap as the relay might be stuck & hey presto all OK again!

cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

If in doubt give it a tap :D

I’ve had a couple stick when I’ve had a hammer drill plugged in but normally a reset resets it. There was another post on here about using high inductive loads making issues.

Anyway, good to know it’s back to normal!

kenjonbro says:

kenjonbro
    Participant

Yes indeed. I cant wait to get some more units now. A couple of light switches methinks to set my mood a bit better.

simonrg says:

simonrg
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, have tried tapping my sockets, but I don’t think the relays could be sticking as they switch on and off quite happily when the manual button is pushed, just doesn’t react to wireless activation.

I am not sure they are pairing correctly, as when I try to unpair them by going into pairing mode and sending an off signal, they flash blue rather than amber, which is pairing not unpairing. My other sockets unpair correctly by flashing amber after off signal sent during pairing mode.

On rereading the manual (http://www.lightwaverf.com/upload/pdf/JSJSLW270_13A_2gangsocket_manual.pdf), one sentence perplexes me – “Additional slave units (maximum of 6 in line) will allow for 2-way / multi-way operation (units can only be operated manually)” – I wasn’t aware you could get slave sockets – slave light switches yes. I hope it doesn’t mean you can only have 6 sockets.

The sockets I am having problems with either haven’t been used or have only been used with light electrical equipment – TV, iPod charger, etc., I am not aware of any inductive loads, but I guess the guys installing new flooring could have, but still strange I get the correct behaviour for pairing, I can manually operate them but can’t wirelessly operate them.

I will get onto JSJS Designs and let you know what happens.

cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Couple of thoughts here:

The reference to slaves in the socket manuals is a rather unhelpful typo that should be ignored!

The socket could be locked. I think the best bet is to talk to the JSJS support guys …

Bill Badger says:

Bill Badger
    Participant

The suggestion of tapping the relay is ridiculous! I work in the industrial automation field and a sticking relay is really bad news and is not the sort of thing that will go away by ‘tapping’ (unless you’re happy to tap it each time which defies the point of having this type of electrical supply).
    If you were told to bang the TV each time you remotely changed channel, would you be happy to do it? I think not….

Wrighty54 says:

Wrighty54
    Participant

I have the same issue
    Interested to see what you find out wondering g if there might be some faulty units out there ????

mostdom says:

mostdom
    Participant

I have just install 3 generation 2 sockets, all but one of the 6 points are working. Interestingly the one that isn’t is being temperamental and when it doesn’t work Alexa declares it as offline! Tried a re-pairing and the socket really played up and had to turn it off completely before I could pair it again.

scotthulluk says:

scotthulluk
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem.

On/off socket, pairs fine (blue light flashes) but it won’t turn off/on when I request it to.

Any one had any luck with this?

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I have just re-read the post and could you have filled the memory as it only holds six memories and therefore it will not accept anymore pairings? to clear the memory you hold for 5 secs same as pairing, then hold again for 5 secs this should give purple flash then press once again. That clears the memory then re-pair the items to it

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     scotthulluk says:

scotthulluk
    Participant

Yeah tried to clear the memory multiple times I’m afraid. :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.