Smart Series (Gen 2) dimmer wont connect to the app.

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Smart Series (Gen 2) dimmer wont connect to the app.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Allan 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Hi all,

Recently added another L22 and L21 (Hall/Landing combo) to my current collection of smart series in the house, and can’t get the app to find the L22 ( 2 gang), no amount of clearing the memory and repeating the link procedure makes any difference.

The L22 is positioned in the hall, the second gang of the switch is wired to operate the landing light.

Both new switches correctly operate the lights, I have other smart series on the same floor further away from the hub, so location shouldn’t be an issue.

Both Homekit and Alexa found the switches (although I didn’t tell them to), neither Homekit or Alexa can actually control the lights.

Lightwave support are helping but don’t have an answer at the moment, anybody had something similar?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

It is possible to have black-spots even if other devices are further away.
    As a sanity check, i would try the device in another location, or move the hub a bit to see if it helps in any way?

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

I don’t have another location I could try without swapping with an existing switch, I’m trying to avoid that at the moment in case I end up with two switches not working :)

I might try moving the hub………..strange thing is that Homekit/Alexa are seeing it?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

hmm i didnt notice you said homekit works…

for homekit/alexa to operate the L22, they have to be communicating via the link plus hub.
    This means that the deivce has certainly be installed by you using the app!!
    but if the device is now working via the link but you can’t see it in the app then this is some kind of weird software bug which only lightwave can help with.
    have you looked at the web app to see if it is showing in there?

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Thanks for the input so h3mp.

To clarify…..I can see the devices in homekit/alexa, but their not useable, I didn’t add them they just appeared.

The L22 is only working via the actual switch, I can’t connect to the app so have no control over it.

Lightwave support have no solution, I can’t seem to access the web app.

I’m thinking I need to do some sort of hard reset on the switch, I’m sure its just got itself in a knot somehow.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I just tried web app – https://my.lightwaverf.com/login

i can login, if you cannot, then try from another PC, but if you still can’t it would imply there is something corrupt at the server end.

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Ok all resolved, as I suspected it had just got itself all confused.

lightwave support removed the switch from my account, after that it linked on the first attempt.

Might be of use to anyone in the future who has similar problems linking a switch to the app.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.