Single gang dimmer switches light off by interference

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Forum Support > Single gang dimmer…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Forum Support Single gang dimmer switches light off by interference

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rtform 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     Rtform says:

Rtform
    Participant

If my lounge light is on, controlled by a single gang LWRF wall dimmer switch and someone turns off in another room the run of the mill switch that controls a series of flourescent lights, the switch in the lounge switches off. Annoyingly then if you then pressed the top button of the dimmer to put lounge lights back on then it goes straight up to full brightness and has to be clicked down again. Anyone know a way to stop the fluorescent switch having this effect? (Can’t get rid of these old tube lights just yet)

All my other dimmers and switches are unaffected!

clarksn says:

clarksn
    Participant

Yes. See my answer to someone else that had this issue a while back….

http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/rf-interference-from-fluorescent-lighting/

regards,

Steve

Rtform says:

Rtform
    Participant

Thank you so much Steve, I shall look into this. Cheers

Rtform says:

Rtform
    Participant

Steve, I bought a RC snubber from Maplin, only cost £2. Fitted and all is well, light now stays on when florescents are switched off.. thanks for the help :)

clarksn says:

clarksn
    Participant

cool! Out of interest did you fit it across the switch or the lights?

Rtform says:

Rtform
    Participant

The Snubber fitted neatly beside the switch and both fitted easily into the wall box. Wired across the two terminals. There are approximately 8 (2ft) fluorescent tubes operating from this switch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.