Share Price

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > JSJS Designs > Share Price > Page 3

This topic contains 46 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

SimonCatlin wrote:
    I am very concerned about the boiler control.. It makes no reference to hot water and central heating being two distinct elements. I could have installed British Gas’ module 2 years ago, but rejected it on the grounds that it was a heating controller, not a true hot water and central heating control.

I got fed up waiting for Lightwave boiler controls so have gone with Hive heating from British Gas. This is version two of their remote heating and allows remote control of water and heat. It’s very good. Installing it was a pain as they sent engineers with literally no idea how it worked.

Thank you for the tip *slides off to British Gas web site*

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I wonder if last weeks rise was the Heating pre-order announcement or rumours surrounding Google acquiring Nest. Am i right in thinking Nest products only currently work in the States? If Google wanted a foothold in the UK market LW would be an excellent acquisition and a lot less than $3bn! With their resources the limitations of the lw kit could be resolved in one afternoon.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Ready for take off? I suspect the 1p level will be breached today.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

With todays triple whammy of announcements it looks like the ducks are all being lined up for something special. I can smell a lucrative takeover.

:) :) :) :) :)

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

After a few months of bouncing around (inevitable after the consolidation) the share price seem to have settled into a lower price, and be gently rising…

http://www.lse.co.uk/shareprice.asp?shareprice=LWRF&share=lightwaverf_plc_ord_5p

The recent RNS gave a good – temporary – bump.

But – who knows what could happen tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after….

Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Maybe this is not a Copmpany I should be Investing after all ….

Many Rumblings of the JS & JS Departures …. who’s actually left ??

Cheers, Mike.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

share price still on the slow decline …

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=14637966

I actually think now could be a good time to buy – the natural level seems around 50p – it keeps bouncing up around there, then drifting … so there’s a small profit to be made in the short term.

Whenever any news hits, the price bounces quite a bit, then drifts back (last bounce, mid-June, saw ~100% jump in a day).

I don’t see the price rocketing permanently any time soon, but there are probably a few bounces in the coming months.

Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

will lightwave even be here next year?

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - –

share price still on the slow decline …

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=14637966

I actually think now could be a good time to buy – the natural level seems around 50p – it keeps bouncing up around there, then drifting … so there’s a small profit to be made in the short term.

Whenever any news hits, the price bounces quite a bit, then drifts back (last bounce, mid-June, saw ~100% jump in a day).

I don’t see the price rocketing permanently any time soon, but there are probably a few bounces in the coming months.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - –

Boy, was I wrong!

RNS out today – £500k shortfall on expected earnings, and some half-hearted remarks about the future.

I was working on the assumption that the ridiculous delay in releasing the heating products was because of QA and making certain everything was in place for a seamless release.
    Instead, we get shitty app updates, poorly-functioning products, poor documentation, and generally a terrible experience all round.
    Such a shame – LWRF had such promise a year ago, and now that’s all gone.

I am still a significant shareholder – and wish I was not.

I still do not understand how LWRF have messed things up so much – there have been some really obvious steps missed:

- engaged with end users / listened to feedback
    - iterated the products based on real-world testing
    - ensured backwards compatibility
    - done full QA before releasing new products or apps
    - set realistic dates, and kept users and the market informed
    - ran a public beta program with ‘power users’
    - not made silly excuses for delays / problems (e.g. “the app is with Apple” for 6 months)

Anyway – I’ve been holding-off from any kind of rant … but today’s RNS was just plain annoying.
    But – I made a bad bet, got a kicking from it. I’ve still made money on JSJS/LWRF, just nowhere near as much as I’d hoped.

Father Mojapelo says:

Father Mojapelo
    Participant

Sorry adgb but the sentiment of your previous post makes no sense to me. You state being a significant share holder but wishing that you are not. Then you say you’re in profit. Can you not just sell if your confidence has diminished???

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

- – - – - – - – - – -

Father Mojapelo:
    Sorry adgb but the sentiment of your previous post makes no sense to me. You state being a significant share holder but wishing that you are not. Then you say you’re in profit.

- – - – - – - – - – -

My post was more about general frustration with LWRF, but it was sparked by the post-RNS dip today.
    I’ve made a little profit (I bought a lot in back when JSJS was dipped at 0.15p) but if LWRF had got themselves into a good shape and realised their obvious potential then shareholders could have made a good return.

- – - – - – - – - – -

Father Mojapelo:
    Can you not just sell if your confidence has diminished???

- – - – - – - – - – -

Of course I can – as, it appears, others are and have been.

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

- – – – – – – – – – –

Father Mojapelo wrote:
    Sorry adgb but the sentiment of your previous post makes no sense to me. You state being a significant share holder but wishing that you are not. Then you say you’re in profit.

- – – – – – – – – – –

My post was more about general frustration with LWRF, but it was sparked by the post-RNS dip today.
    I’ve made a little profit (I bought a lot in back when JSJS was dipped at 0.15p) but if LWRF had got themselves into a good shape and realised their obvious potential then shareholders could have made a good return.

- – – – – – – – – – –

Father Mojapelo wrote:
    Can you not just sell if your confidence has diminished???

- – – – – – – – – – –

Of course I can – as, it appears, others are and have been.

Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

if you have more confidence than me that lightwave will be survive. This heating fiasco has just added to the sinking ship

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

as, it appears, others are and have been.

The ten trades that happened today were buys, people taking the op to get these at pretty cheap prices as we all know how this rises on large volumes.

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

All 10?

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn%3ALWRF.L&display=trades

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.