Share Price

This topic contains 46 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
     daedalusminos says:

daedalusminos
    Participant

Looks as though the share price took a tumble today – can’t see any RNS but news probably on the horizon!

Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Some very interesting activity with the share price today – and even more interesting comments by certain investors.
    Not wishing to boast but I bought near the bottom and watched the price start to rise above what I paid.
    However, this is a medium to long term purchase and the trend is definitely up. Products are selling into the pipeline and, more importantly, selling out of the pipeline to the general public. I am confident that the heating controls will be with us in October (bad timing guys – should have been in the stores at the end of the summer).
    Also the general confidence in the economy will prompt more buyers willing to invest in Comfort Technology.
    This market is going to take off really soon. I have ordered some more plugs for around the home and am waiting for the PIR/camera technology to become available.
    Go LightwaveRF!

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

I think someone on the lse.co.uk boards mentioned selling a huge number of shares yesterday morning just to get some movement going. Price dropped as a result, so he bought them all back again, waited for the price to rise and then ditched them again to make a profit. It seems to have caused some interest.

Disclaimer: I am a share holder.

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I have ordered some more plugs for around the home and am waiting for the PIR/camera

Hi Colin just to let you in on a chat i had with LW regarding the CCTV and outdoor PIR. They will not be released with the heating controls nor do they have any prices or retail detail. Apparently it was a mistake to include them in the latest brochure without a note saying ‘due for release early 2014′. So we can probably expect them not very soon after that. Very disappointing.

Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Hey, I’m a consumer of LightwaveRF products, disappointment is a side-effect and nothing new…

It will take time, have you seen the company deficits?
    I am still confident that growth will come and the new products will slowly come on stream. The heating controls are crucial. Get those into Maplin et al and you have a truly affordable home automation system. Heat and light.

The security systems and other new products will be bolt on goodies.
    I can wait, not rolling in cash like you guys. Just an OAP gradually installing the new bits and pieces each month when I find some cash left over.
    ( Besides, there are other camera systems that can be triggered by motion).

Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

But thank you for your comments. I am grateful. It means that I may have to change my plans, so much appreciated.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Hey, I’m a consumer of LightwaveRF products, disappointment is a side-effect and nothing new…

It will take time, have you seen the company deficits?
    I am still confident that growth will come and the new products will slowly come on stream. The heating controls are crucial. Get those into Maplin et al and you have a truly affordable home automation system. Heat and light.

The security systems and other new products will be bolt on goodies.
    I can wait, not rolling in cash like you guys. Just an OAP gradually installing the new bits and pieces each month when I find some cash left over.
    ( Besides, there are other camera systems that can be triggered by motion).

I got fed up waiting for the heating controls so bought a Heatmiser thermostat instead. Then, I saw the cameras and got fed up with waiting for them too and just bought separate IP cameras. They only cost about £30 each and are simple to set up with port forwarding. I can now see three different areas of my house with an iPhone app and can even remotely set the cameras to sense movement. When they do, they take six pictures a one second apart and email them to me. I’m not sure the LWRF stuff, when it finally arrives, will be as cheap or effective so why wait for it?!

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
     Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Absolutely right mark!
    I came into affordable home automation via a Heatmiser WiFi stat.
    But they did not do lights.
    So I have come into LightwaveRF.
    But they do not do security.
    I have many apps on my iphone so I have no problem using different systems to control my home through various apps.
    OF COURSE it would be great if one supplier provided the whole system and they were compatible. And maybe by the time I wish to set up my home security they may be available from LightwaveRF, I hope they are.
    But I cannot understand these moaners who carry on about “This company promised remote door locking two years ago”. We are free agents in a Capitalist society. If Company A cannot deliver, I’ll go to Company B.

However, latest news appears that LightwaveRF is beginning to move and its promised products will be with us in October and Q1 2014.
    So I am prepared to wait and see.
    BTW what IP cameras do you use? Can you view your home via your smartphone and record images?

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

… or you could use a system that talks to everything and does exactly what you want it do to…. from a single interface :)

and that can be adapted to meet the changes of new tech :)

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Neil, If you really want to market your system and gain some traction then you are going to have to setup a website that shows us all the features and benefits.

I personally think you’ve a hard job competing against the other ‘Open source’ home automation offerings that cover most RF kit. They have active developer communities that are continuing to add new features. So much so, that I’m struggling to think what else is really possible at the moment.

If yours is only developed by yourself, what happens when you lose interest? I think you need to market it in such a way that others can get involved and potentially contribute. In terms of generating some revenue, possibly some ‘premium’ features that require charging for or packaging up some hardware?

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Yea i understand… its on my to do list.

In the meantime i’ve been developing this self contained system.

The idea was a simple, graphical control system, platform independant, that offers manual control and proper automation.

Most important was that it can run in its own world and not be reliant on external systems.

I wanted to overcome the niggles people have with remote access and offer proper support for a commissioned system which meets the users needs.

This is where i’m at…

I have a web based control and monitoring system, that resides on a intel NUC (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/nuc.html).

I’ve created the system is zoned with functions for…

heating control (independant zoned control with 2 groups, simple rad control and remote boiler control)
    lighting control (remote and automated via pir)
    security system (pir, door switches etc)
    misc control (fans, sockets etc…)

the system is standalone and requires no externals to function.

I’ve implemented selectable UPnP for port forwarding and a dns system so that users can remotely access their system using a unique chosen name.

The service port for web accessed can be changed.

It supports locally connected 433mhz transceiver, or the best option, via a cheap netusb lan server (means you can site the rfx in the best location and keep the NUC somewhere safe).

The system comes with remote support offered.

Typically most installs will follow the standard i’ve developed…

I can support up to 13 temp sensors (10 temp/humid) and 3 temp only.

I’ve grouped zones1-5 as typically downstairs and 6-10 as upstairs…

Each group and a timeclock with 4 settings for time and temp.. and you can manually adjust each zoned temp as desired.

The lighting has manual control via the web gui and automated controls based on pir settings (user configurable).

There is provision for outside lighting, control via both PEC and PIR, depending on your settings…

I’ve spent a lot of time on this, discovering the best hardware, a lot of which is lightwaverf :)

Think of this as a souped up wifi link, but with support.

And should technologies move on, or your needs change, all software is upgradable (remotely) and i should be able to support whatever devices come our way (i.e. rfxtrx868) etc.

Once i’ve received the specification for each users job, the unit will be virtually plug and play…

Pairing remote devices is simple… then you’re up :)

I’ll soon be looking for some beta testers.

And yes i’d like a quote to arrange some formal promotion on this website.

I do like the lightwaverf hardware… and its used extensively in the systems

Neil

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

You’ll also need some sort of user defined logic control. (If/then/and/else etc) Voice control through Siri will be a requested feature also although I’ll guess you’ll be dependant then on others. Eg Siriproxy which will be harder to support.

My latest addition is the colour changing Lightwave LEDs under my Kitchen cabinets. I want logic control on the colours but as this is currently not supported on RFXcom, I’ll have to wait! Come to think of it, it’s not even supported on the Lightwave app or web control.!!

I’m always interested in new tech and will give you a critical review when you get round to testing.

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

My system already have all the logic functionality.

That’s how i’m able to automate etc.

I’ve been reading about these LED driver units… i have contacts at JSJS, i’ll give them a ring and get the low down.

Well i can certainly incorporate Siri stuff, due to the platform the system runs in.

I’ll be getting a 5s soon… might have a look at it then,

I’m nearly ready to get my system out there… and i’m confident once people have experienced it, it’ll knock their socks off lol.

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

Share price jumped 50% today.

In sub=penny stocks that doesn’t mean a great deal – but it does for those of us invested in the company (though anyone drumping a lot will naturally drive the price back anyway).

Still – a much better sign than we’ve had up to now !

daedalusminos says:

daedalusminos
    Participant

That’s a significant jump! Let’s hope it sticks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.