Setting up Link Plus

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  HappClappy 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
     StigB says:

StigB
    Participant

Hi
    I am just trying to set up a brand new Link Plus. I am using the new Link Plus iOS app (after downloading the old one, as the instructions are wrong!) and having set up an account, on trying to link the Link Plus just get a “Line Plus needs updating!” message in the screen after entering the Cloud code.

There is nothing on the website about this. I have found info elsewhere on the web that it updates on boot up and searches for updates that it applies automatically. I have powered it on and off several times, but all to no avail.

Can anyone let me know what I should be doing? I don’t really want to have to send it back – it’s taken them ages to get it to me in the first place!

Many thanks

gniven says:

gniven
    Participant

I’ve got exactly the same issue with a brand new Gen 2 Link Plus. I’ve tried on different iPhones with the App but can’t get it working and can’t get past the “Link Plus need updating” message. It’s a pretty poor experience so far. :-(

It’s pretty useless without the App, so a prompt answer would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

stewartpedler says:

stewartpedler
    Participant

Yep – that make three. Brand new Link Plus straight out the box. Hooked up and straight to the “Link Plus needs updating!” message. Tried various reboots – clearly this doesn’t just update itself.

I too would appreciate a response as planning to connect to Amazon Alexa and review…

Many thanks

Stewart

stewartpedler says:

stewartpedler
    Participant

Strange that there seems to be no work arounds anywhere…

Stewart

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

This forum has no direct connection with LWRF and it is highly unlikely any of their technical staff will be viewing these posts, the forum usually gets answers from supportive LWRF owners, I do not have the new equipment so cannot help, but would suggest ringing or raising a ticket with LWRF if nobody on here can help https://support.lightwaverf.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000185572-Technical-Support

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

..speaking of which, is the owner of the forum actually here any more? not seen Chris post in years!?

RoyC says:

RoyC
    Participant

I had same problem until today. An update came through for IOS on my iPhone today and once updated I was able to proceed with setup without the updating message. So try updating to iOS 11.2.1. Worked for me!
    Cheers
    Roy

gniven says:

gniven
    Participant

This is now fixed for me too, thanks to an update that appeared this afternoon. I did have to hard reset the Link Plus box, by switching it on and pressing the only button at the same time, which I’ve not seen documented anywhere in their user guide. Overall, it’s been a good experience though, as getting a 1-day turnaround on a problem that might have required a new box is pretty impressive.

darkmutton says:

darkmutton
    Participant

This is lightwaverf, you had better get used to it and put customer support into your speed dial!! Pissed me off so much I’m swapping over to netatmo!!

HappClappy says:

HappClappy
    Participant

Another frustrated customer to add to the list then.
    Had already been using the updated iOS.
    Have tried the hard reset.
    Have ensured I’m using the correct app.

Have raised as ticket with them despite have my account that I setup on my app not apparently existing on the website – are they actually separate accounts?! Wouldn’t make sense to me.

Very surprised the Apple Store sells these products. Usually you can relay on the stuff they sell as working from the get go in my experience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.