Roadmap for further Gen 2 products released

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Roadmap for further Gen 2 products released

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  don63 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     don63 says:

don63
    Participant

Lightwave have now published the roadmap for further gen 2 devices at https://lightwaverf.com/assets/documents/rnsUpdates/2017/11/Lightwave-Generation-2-planned-future-releases.pdf.

White finish in feb, inline relay in feb, 3/4 gang dimmers in april. It’s the relays that I’m waiting for before it becomes viable for me to move over. I’m also watching h3mp gen 2 feedback on the other thread which will also dictate when gen 2 is viable for me.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’m disappointed there is no kind of wireless switches on the roadmap – I asked separately on twitter and they said they will do some eventually, put no plans over the next 6 months..

This is really poor for home automation – i want a button near my front door to turn the whole house off, and a button at the side of my bed to control the lights in the room etc – seems a very basic requirement which is sorely missing :-(

It’s all well and good using your phone for things, but buttons are just much more convenient and less fiddly.

I might look at logitech POP or IKEA wireless buttons to see if they can play nicely via homekit to automate things – but homekit it rules out using any Gen1 kit which is a big annoyance..

I think the white products look quite good..

don63 says:

don63
    Participant

It’s frustrating waiting for the releases. The new relay won’t be dimmable which rules it out for 80% of my use cases (I largely use dimmable relays for lighting with wireless switches). I’ll need to wait longer for the gen 2 dimmable relays.

I was told that the new wireless switch will be a completely new design and look more like the standard 1-gang switch (all metal rather than the black plastic). that will be positive in my mind. Just the waiting is frustrating…

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

The new relay won’t be dimmable which rules it out for 80% of my use cases

One way of achieving a dimming relay now is to just use a light dimmer stuck on to a single-gang plastic pattress box, then wire in and out of it…..
    I’ve ended up doing similar with a plug socket while waiting on relays to come out!

don63 says:

don63
    Participant

Yeah, that would work pretty well. Quite an expensive relay ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.