Replacement adapter for LW500WH link

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Replacement adapter…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Replacement adapter for LW500WH link

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     apr_1985 says:

apr_1985
    Participant

Hello.

I have bought one of the old style WiFi links with the LCD screen from ebay, but the cheeky so and so didn’t include the power adapter!!
    I got some money back some am keeping the item, so is anyone able to point me in the right direction for which lead I need to power it?

Thanks for the help.

Adam

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

You need a +12V power brick capable of supplying >0.65A. These are easy to obtain very cheaply.

The tricky part is the DC power jack that plugs into the link. These vary in size quite a lot. The link one looks like a 5.5mm one which is fairly standard, BUT the inner stud connection is slightly thicker than normal (~2.3mm) so a lot of plugs that have a hole (2.1mm) won’t plug in.

One like this seems to have the larger hole

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-1A-2A-Power-Supply-Charger-AC-Adapter-Plug-fr-LED-Light-Strip-Camera-CCTV-/141608546935?var=&hash=item20f886f277:m:mOfD10T14ulCIhap7CO-bCQ

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Resurrecting this thread as I’m wondering if anyone can help. My PSU has also failed on my gen 1 link and I borrowed a friends PSU and my link works again. As I’ve got a lot of recessed relays etc. I don’t want to buy a new hub and re-pair everything so has anyone successfully sourced a replacement PSU?

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Yes. 12V 1A power supplies are very common and cheap. Just make sure you get one with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm output barrel. The 5.5mm x 2.1mm outputs are quite common as well but won’t fit.

Search on eBay or Amazon for 12V 1A 2.5mm power supply and you will find plenty of models. Very cheap if sourced from China but I guess you might want quick delivery so will cost a bit more.

You can also get from component suppliers like CPC
    https://cpc.farnell.com/powerpax/sw4382-c/ac-adaptor-12v-1a-2-5mm-vi/dp/PW04079?st=12V%201A%20power%20supply

Chopper says:

Chopper
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Will get one ordered!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.