Radiator Valve disassembly

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > Radiator Valve disa…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Radiator Valve disassembly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  crivvens 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     germulligan says:

germulligan
    Participant

Hi

I have 11 rads in my house controlled by lw922 radiator valves.
    On one particular radiator I’ve had the same issue on 2 occasions. The valve appears to get stuck open.
    First time it happened I replaced the valve. Now it’s happened again so I’ve got the screwdrivers out.

I’ve cleaned and lubricated the gear assembly but the valve stops once fully open and doesn’t attempt to close again even at calibration.

On the Innermost gear in the valve there are 3 metal discs embedded. These appear to make contact with a contact underneath and have something to do with the start/stop mechanism of the valve. My best guess at the moment is that this mechanism is causing my problem.

Has anyone taken one of these apart before and can anyone shed a light on my issue?
    Thanks .

crivvens says:

crivvens
    Participant

This has occured to me twice on a couple of rtv’s, i remove and reinsert the batteries and it resolves it. I have yet to open up a unit.

Lightwave Link (930) + 10x TRV (922) + Thermostat + Boiler Switch- London, UK
     crivvens says:

crivvens
    Participant

The same two trv’s have stuck again, valve open but otherwise rsponding normally. Reinsert batteries solved it.Probably time to open one up and break it!

Lightwave Link (930) + 10x TRV (922) + Thermostat + Boiler Switch- London, UK
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.