Product / Price Comparison is Rubbish !!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > Product / Price…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers Product / Price Comparison is Rubbish !!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

None of the OFFERS are Valid !!

I just followed 3 links and none are valid.

£36.99 for a £ Gang Dimmer !! Yeah !!

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

OPEN and INDEPENDENT ??

Hmmmmmm

Some Serious Input from LightWaveRF I think ….

I did ask the JSJS / LightWaveRF Technical Department if there were any links to this site and they did not respond …

So is there any LINK to JSJS / LightWaveRF / MegaMan or is it just they PAY THE MOST for the Price Comparison.

This is clearly not Fair for Small Companies like mine trying to get into the Market.

Cheers, Mike.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

I just clicked through a few of the links from the Price Comparison – all worked.

I don’t really understand your points above, as the way you write is confusing – but I think you’re saying that you’re annoyed that your prices are not listed there?

I don’t know Chris, who runs this site – but he’s always been honest that companies pay to advertise in the comparison, and I see in the other thread that he’s said he’ll add your prices for a small fee. That sounds fair to me – advertising costs money (obviously, it depends on the price!)

djtomkins says:

djtomkins
    Participant

I like Mike. He seems like a nice genuine guy with no axe to grind and a damn fine looking eCommerce web site.

You’re just not being fair. All he wants is free advertising for his company.

Fix it Chris. Or I’m taking my ball and going home.

Two floors tooled up for light and power! Lighting circuits: 5 x 1 gang, 5 x 2 gang, 3 x 3 gang, 6 relay circuits, mainly LEDHut 5W LEDs (91!) but also outdoor SON lamps, LED kitchen lights, LED candle bulbs, halogen bulbs and a dimmable CFL, 5 mood controllers, two remote switches, 2 PIRs. Power: one remote socket, 9 plug in modules. Patiently waited for the heating modules for years, and am a little underwhelmed....flirting with evohome....and please don't tell me "there is a better way" and try to sel
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

I’m not saying Chris isn’t a decent bloke.

The Cheapest items are not in stock – simple.

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Thanks djtomkin :-) )

It’s been Hard Graft !!

Everyone always thinks there’s Alteria Motives to everything …

If anyone thinks my prices are unreasonable they can make an offer on Our EBay Shop …

Cheers, /\\ike.

Cheers, Mike.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

Fix it Chris. Or I’m taking my ball and going home.

dj – I have a pram and some toys, if you want to borrow them? ;)

Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/shop/dimmers/lightwaverf-connect-rf-3-gang-master-dimmer-in-black-chrome/

Does not exist !!

Top of the Price Comparison at £36.99 !!

Cheaper than Cost :-0

I’m desperately trying to order 50 now !!!

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

See Attached -

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cheers, Mike.
     markk says:

markk
    Participant

You’re just not being fair. All he wants is free advertising for his company.

I’m sure Chris would love to let Mike, and everyone else, advertise here for nothing. Probably Just as much as he’d like to be able to host this site for nothing!

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Free Advertising !!

So you’re not interested in getting “Genuine BEST Prices” ?

This is a Tiny Group …

Just thought it would be nice to share with like minded technical people – obviously not ..

I get 5000 views a day via google and 15 from here … Lol :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

You try Competing with Companies that are all “interbred”.

JSJS are a small £1m TO Company, MegaMan have no commercial sense and could be the demise of the product.

There’s a handful of Companies like Response & The Smartshop who have the right motivation & business sense to really take the product forward, but they are being shafted by MegaMan.

I only took on the product because it integrates well with our Access Control, Intruder, IP CCTV and Home Cinema Systems – cost effectively.

Trying to move forward quickly with these companies is impossible, product development is unbearably slow – hence we make our own heating controllers out of Hacked 240v Plug Adaptors – therefore £10 instead of £70 for a product that is not available.

There are NO Catches – these are my prices, buy or don’t buy – simple !!

Cheers, Mike.
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Don’t know if you’ve picked the best time to push LWRF gear.

A lot of user’s want more than gear etc can do and a lot of users feel let down by the slipped deadlines for new products.

Now, if you’re selling proper automation products, like Z-Wave and discount prices… that might be a different story ;)

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

I’m a developer and have good knowledge of the wifi link and the 433Mhz protocol.

How on earth have you married up the existing LWRF equipment with the system’s you mentioned?

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

As I used to work for Siemens we’ve used mainly Siemens Products which have good IP / GSM Comms … The interfaces are mainly uni-directional to control lightwave products not much goes the other way …

Response Electronics also have good kit that is GSM / IP based and more consumer friendly / cheaper than Siemens …

Cheers, Mike.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Product / Price Comparison is Rubbish !!’ is closed to new replies.

ABOUT Mike

Worked in the Consumer Electonics Industry for over 25 years - primarily Sony, LG and Siemens. Been Self Employed 8 years as IT Consultant. As Hobby VERY interested in Home Automation. Been Itegrating Siemens Intruder, Access Control & CCTV with HA. I have Access Control disarming Intruder - switching Ligths on if dark, folowing various sequences depending on Who & time of day. If Alarm then Switch Security Lights ALL on, notify police and Text Me through GSM Module. LightWave has made all this possible at a Reasonable Cost. Also have "Away Function" which powers down all non essential kit & sets Alarm. Monitors Energy Meter to see if Bypassed Sockets. Kids Bedroom Shutoff at Pre-Determined Times. Text Me When Kids are Home Safe. Lots of Projects - now a Business !!!!

View all posts by