Problems with 2nd Gen…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sadpup 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     chrisp23 says:

chrisp23
    Participant

Hi all

I’m new to Lightwave. Bought a 2nd Gen Link Plus and L21 dimmer switch. All set up and working lovely – until today…

Problem started with the dimmer switch only setting the light to partial brightness even though both the Lightwave app and iOS Home app said it was 100%. Rebooted Link Plus and even turned off power to light switch but still no success. Thought I’d unlink the switch and re-link it but I can’t seem to do that. I’ve deleted the L21 from the Lightwave app, but when I try to put the L21 into link mode (by pressing both buttons) the LED on the L21 flashes red, but not red/blue. Oddly, the LED on the L21 went green at one point and the switch now works correctly itself (the light comes on at full brightness) but I now can’t get it back into the app or HomeKit.

Thoughts? Is the L21 or Link Plus faulty?

Thanks

chrisp23 says:

chrisp23
    Participant

Fixed it :) although I can’t say I’m totally convinced. I think I managed to reset the L21 (hold both buttons, then press off button) which caused the light to gradually turn on to full brightness and the LED on the L21 stayed green for a couple of seconds. I had a look in the app and there was a light back in it, but it didn’t respond to input. I deleted that light again and then was able to link the L21 successfully. Absolute nightmare!

The iOS Lightwave app was updated yesterday, so I wonder if something’s gone wrong there. Would be keen to hear if anyone else is having similar issues with the second gen stuff…

sadpup says:

sadpup
    Participant

Having huge issues with link plus today, keeps loosing link with the app and won’t work with my echos at all. tried deleting and re pairing and this seems to have got the app working intermittently but echo is a no go. Tried to call Lightwave but they are not answering!

sadpup says:

sadpup
    Participant

Seems that everything is back to normal now. Guess there was a network glitch?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.