Plug-in Switch issues.

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Plug-in Switch issu…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     TheMightySpud says:

TheMightySpud
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help out a little as this is driving me insane, :-/

I have a bunch of Plug-in Switches…..

https://www.lightwaverf.com/products/plugin-switching-dimming/#fndtn-lw-lw321pluginonoff

I’m trying to use them with a number of different lights in the same room, using both the App and an Amazon Echo Dot (Alexa) to turn them on and off (along with a self-written app that I’m working on, but there is no issue with that currently).

The problem arises when I come to assign the switches to a room and give them a name. It appears as though they refuse to operate independently. ie. When I send a signal to the first device in the room, every device acts upon the signal. It’s a very strange behaviour (and not entirely sure I’ve explained it very well).

Would anyone have any experience/ideas?

Thanks
    TheMightySpud

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I suggest in the app you pair each plug-in independently so that you have individual control of each and then set up a device in the app called for example “all” and pair each one again to that. You then have both individual and collective control and can also set such up in events and timers. You can do the same with the hand held remote with one button assigned to “all” being paired to all. I have in the past done this for a couple of rooms.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I would also clear the memory of each device before you do any further pairing. A device may hold up to 6 sources that it responds to so it is quite possible to have multiple devices responding to the same command.

Clearing the memory is in the device manual.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.