PIR that talks to the LightwaveRF box

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers PIR that talks to the LightwaveRF box

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JulsM 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     rockhoppers1964 says:

rockhoppers1964
    Participant

My setup is working well at the moment (apart from range issues), but one thing does annoy me.
    I have cameras dotted about the outside of the house and want a PIR that can be installed and send a signal to the LightwaveRF box, that i can read using my own software.

this would then trigger the cameras to record the movement.

But i can’t seem to find anything out there that can send a signal to the LightwaveRF box, anyone got a solution…or do i have to go with RFXcom ?

Andrew

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

I created a script for domoticz that connects via the wifilink. You could use domoticz as “glue” to connect Lightwaverf to your cameras

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16560

JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

I too am looking for a LWRF compatible PIR. I have a LWRF PIR but it’s a nuisance that it’s battery powered and needs them replaced regularly. I want to install one outside that will bring my front door light on when someone approaches.

(So far: 12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 2x plugins 1x PIR & a dusk monitor.)
     lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

I use one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aeon-Labs-Starter-Pack-Z-stick/dp/B01N1SMQK7

great price. Two 4 in 1 sensors. I currently using one of these in the living room to detect temperature, and the light sensor as auto feed back so I know when the lightwaverf light is on . All controlled via Domoticz. The kit is Zwave compatible so will work with just about any controller going.

As soon as i can work out the hallway/ Landing and outside light wiring to a add a lightwaverf 3 gang switch, I will do the same and turn on the outside light when some one approaches.

Sensors can be powered by USB or battery and ZWave USB is connected to a raspberry PI running Domoitcz and HA Bridge (for local Alexa control)

JulsM says:

JulsM
    Participant

I really need to learn / understand Domoticz & Rasberry Pi!

(So far: 12x wall dimmers, 6x relays, 5x door switches, 2x plugins 1x PIR & a dusk monitor.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.