Password reset issue on lightwave account

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Password reset issu…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Password reset issue on lightwave account

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Richiep says:

Richiep
    Participant

Hi,
    I miss-typed my email address when I registered my lightwave account a while back. Now I want to add a new mobile device and connect to my Alexa. However, when I use the option to reset the password, it states email successfully sent but of course this is meant to be sent to the erroneous account.
    I’ve created the erroneous e-mail address but I’m not getting anything through in terms of e-mail allowing me to reset my password.

I’ve also tried to reregister the hub with my valid e-mail, it states email sent, but then again nothing. Junk mail has been checked to no avail.

Presently, I can’t add the app to any other devices and can’t connect to Alexa.

Would appreciate some help in either re-registering my hub, or resetting my password.

regards

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

You need to call lightwaverf help desk.

Richiep says:

Richiep
    Participant

Any idea if there is an email address I can contact lightwaverf on?

The application reset password function should work but obviously doesn’t.
    Cheers

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Your best bet is to submit a job ticket

https://support.lightwaverf.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000185572-Technical-Support

It is frustrating but once the account is screwed up, unfortunately, it often needs their intervention to clear stuff out. For example, it could be that the system has got the initial association with the first email address and is refusing to allow the new one to be added properly until that is cleared out.

Once it is correct then I believe change password and forget password work OK.

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

If your ISP/email provider has a spam filter it may be blocking the email before it reaches your computer without you realising.

I would advise checking your account with your provider; there’s normally an online portal where you can manage settings including an ‘Always allow from this sender’ whitelist where you’ll be able to add the domain lightwaverf.com to ensure all email from them gets delivered to your inbox. (I fixed a password reset email issue from a forum site by doing this).

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 6 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
    Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.