pairing the lightwave rf hub for the firstime? newbie question

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion pairing the lightwave rf hub for the firstime? newbie question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  michael ward 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     kingstuart says:

kingstuart
    Participant

Hi folks,

First post so ‘Hi’ to all first and forement.

My brother inlaw has purchased a bunch of this lighwave rf kit for his house referb project, and has asked for some help with installing it.
    Installed so far are several light switches that are going to be zoned and we have now turned our attention to trying to set up the rf hub for the first time and hving a few pairing issues.

I have followed the account set up adding personal details and Mac address of the hub, but can’t seem to pair it.
    (Do you have to be on the same network as the hub at the point i’m setting up the account for the first time, i.e am I able to set up the account account and mac at a different location to the install house. tried both tbh without any success).

I was at the house yesterday but battery had died on laptop so couldnt continue with the account setup/pairing process.

Any pointers advice would be great or a ‘howto’ page as I’m sure this has been discussed before lol.

Kindest regards
    Stuart

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

It wouldn’t be very secure if you could set it up remotely would it.

If you are on the same network you have direct access to the device, a remote access may be blocked by the hub firewall.

kingstuart says:

kingstuart
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, we resolved the issues the next day, just needed to re-pair devices a few times and then it connected fine.

The problem stems from outside the infrastructure of the house, i.e. the BB provider, its a crappy line, keeps dropping packets.

Michael ward, in regards to the comments about being secure, Its obviously built in mind to connect remotely, hence I don’t really understand why you mention this? I’m not sure if you understand how this works, its secure in the first instance and it doesn’t connect back directly your router when you are external to your property as far as I understand it you connect back via the lightwaverf servers via api commands. It connects directly via your lan when at home.

That said its been pretty solid since install, looking to expand at the property and also install some relays to control the garage roller.

Kindest regards
    Stuart

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

I said it wouldn’t be secure if you could set it up directly over the net from a remote connection, how can that be misinterpreted as not understanding how it works.
    Why bother answering in such a negative manner.

You realised your error and got it working, well done.

kind regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT kingstuart

work in computing and currently back at school learning to be an electrician. Not long to go! love anything tech related and really into home automation.

View all posts by