ON/OFF and dimmer switches – Buying help

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Product Range ON/OFF and dimmer switches – Buying help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     alfa says:

alfa
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m looking to buy some lightwaverf switches and I hope someone can help me.

I’m looking to by a few Master 2 Gang 1 Way 250W Light Switch Dimmer LW420. But I have a few non-dimmable fixtures so I need a simple on/off switch for them.

I found some from other makers but I would love to have the on/off switch as lightwaverf so it will all match tech and appearance wise.

I need advice on:
    - The on/off switch if its available or maybe an alternative if not
    - If these dimmers will go all the way down with LEDs
    - What controller/hub I need to buy to make it work (Ps I have a rasberry pi with HA)

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Lightwaverf don’t do on/off switches due to the way they need a small amount of current to work.
    I don’t believe you will find an alternative replacement switch eg energenie still recommend the bulbs/lamps are dimmamble due to the same need for current
    The workings with LEDs are variable, there has been many posts regarding compatible lamps and their dimming range, personally I have Megaman GU10 and they work well, but I never really use in low dimming mode
    I believe you can get the PI to work with a 433mhz receiver/sender and suitable software

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.