One led bulb with L22 switch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Tigermad says:

Tigermad
    Participant

I have 2 single pendant light fittings in my lounge. I have tried quite a few led bulbs today. Problem is I can’t dim the light near my main seating area unless the other light is on (just the lowest setting will do). This is because the bulb flickers when dimmed. What’s weird though is I can dim the other light that is further away from the main seating without the main light being on. If it’s a load issue why does it work one way and not the other?

I tried leaving a halogen in the furthest away fitting and an led in the main one and the led dims Ok then even with the halogen bulb turned off

Is it just the case that I can’t have just one led bulb in each light with this setup? Is it ok to leave the halogen in the one fitting and the led in the other. Both are dimmable versions.

Tigermad says:

Tigermad
    Participant

Because of the above probl m I unpaired the switch from the app and reset it. Since then I can’t pair the switch to the app. I made sure I cleared the memory from the switch so when I press both buttons they flash red and blue like they are supposed to. I then click on the link button in the IOS app but it never finds it.

I have been trying all night on my iPad and iPhone. I have read on here that the server on Lightwave end may have screwed something up with the switch in my account. Could this be the case?

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

It is possible that something got screwed up on the server preventing the paired device being seen properly. You need to contact support to sort that one out.

That won’t affect the flickering problem though. Assuming this is a dual gang dimmer there can be a difference in behaviour between the two gangs. This is because only one of the gangs has the rf receiver and it then passes instructions over to the other gang. The receiver has to get its power by allowing a small current to flow through the bulb even when off. This is why there is a minimum load requirement particularly for Led bulbs to avoid flickering issues. One can get anti-flicker capacitors which can be fitted in parallel with the bulb (e.g. in the pendant) which increase the standby current a little and help avoid this problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.