No flashing light on registration of new Link Plus

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting No flashing light on registration of new Link Plus

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pony1982 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     phaed2 says:

phaed2
    Participant

I’m new to LightwaveRF and I have one 3 gang switch (gen1) and have just bought a LightwaveRF Link Plus.

The first thing I need to do is register as a new user. I’ve plugged my Link Plus in to my router, and after an orange light comes on for a short while, it turns solid green. I believe this is correct and shows it’s booted up and connected to the internet ok?

So I then register as a new user using the Android App (also tried this with the iOS App and the web app with the same result!), and it then says that it’s sending the registration signal and I should see the light flash. But the light never flashes, and the only option I have is to send the signal again. I have sent this signal 10+ times from each device (android phone, iphone and web app) and at no point does my Link Plus flash. It just stays there with a solid green light.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     phaed2 says:

phaed2
    Participant

After calling LightwaveRF, it turns out that there’s a different Lightwave LinkPlus app that needs to be used, rather than the LightwaveRF app. So I have no managed to get my Link Plus registered and working with that app.

This isn’t mentioned in the manual that comes with the Link Plus.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

makes perfect sense now you’ve said it!! I didn’t run into this issue with mine because i’ve been actively monitoring the forum and twitter etc so new there was a newer app… but yes, from the instructions that come with the Link Plus, it is not at all clear that there are 2 apps and you need the correct one… :-(

phaed2 says:

phaed2
    Participant

Yes, in fact the instructions specifically say that you can use the web app at http://www.lightwaverf.com, which is incorrect (see attachment – ignore the other attachment, I don’t know how to delete incorrect attachments)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     pony1982 says:

pony1982
    Participant

I’m in a similar situation – the iPhone Lightwave Link plus app says that the Link Plus should be flashing blue. It stays solid green. Says to press the button on the link plus to continue pairing – I can press it till my fingers turn blue, but the link plus doesn’t connect.

@h3mp – how did you get this working with the Link Plus app?

Thanks

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

@pony1982 i don’t really recall the linking process, must have worked first time for me! I think i just plugged the Link-Plus in, waited for it to settle down, went through the steps in the app and it just worked first time.. – sorry!

pony1982 says:

pony1982
    Participant

It does look like I might have received a lemon. While the light is a solid green, people at lightwave can’t seem to see it connected to their network. :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.