New user…GU10 LED bulbs

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > New user…GU10 LED…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     MarkISmith says:

MarkISmith
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve only just started using Lightwave products, with lightswitches and a hub. Without mentioning the app issues that many of us seem to be experiencing, I’m having some issues with the GU10 spotlight bulbs in my dining room.

I knew that the LED replacements were likely to have issues, and I can’t dim the ones I currently have. However, I also noticed last night when switching off to go to bed that three of the six 5W bulbs on one circuit are still glowing when switched off. It’s a very faint light but its still there this morning.

So, is this just because I need to replace the poor quality bulbs (which worked fine on my old manual dimmer) or has the switch developed a fault which will mean it needs replacing? Its only three weeks old, so I’m sure Amazing would replace it.

As a second point, can anyone recommend GU10 LED bulbs from Amazon which will work successfully with lightwave dimmers? The product codes on the list on Lightwave’s website don’t match anything I can find.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

MarkISmith says:

MarkISmith
    Participant

So I’ve swapped the bulbs back out for the original halogens and everything seems OK.

I’d still appreciate any thoughts on whether I should be worried about the switch, and whether there are any dimmable LED bulbs which are recommended for Lightwave switches.

Mark

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

It’s a common problem and your LighwaveRF dimmer switch is not faulty.

Take a look at this article: https://support.lightwaverf.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001485812-Why-my-LEDs-do-not-fully-go-off-and-still-glow-

There is an LED compatibility chart, but it’s not very comprehensive: https://support.lightwaverf.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001485572-What-LEDs-to-use-LED-Load-and-compatibility-

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.