New User – Generation 2 Two way switching / dimming (again)

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > New User – Generati…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting New User – Generation 2 Two way switching / dimming (again)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     David says:

David
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m in the process of a complete kitchen refit so will be recabling the entire thing. I understand about grouping dimmers in the app but do I just wire the two switches in parallel?

I’ve attached an image to show what I mean – I hope it is visible!

Dave

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Chester says:

Chester
    Participant

By the looks of the L21 manual, there are more than one ways to skin this cat. You do indeed wire the second L21 in parallel (so live and switches live connections are identical), but the second L21 sends a radio signal to control the first one. You could also wire them individually into 2 independent light circuits and group them together in the app.

Caveat – I’ve yet to venture into Gen2 ownership, so I’m going by what the manual says!

Chester
     David says:

David
    Participant

Co-incidentally, I spoke to a very helpful chap from the company yesterday and he confirmed your/my thoughts, although he suggested it would be wise to provide a three core+earth wire rather than twin+earth between the switches as it would then be easy to revert to conventional switches should it be necessary.

Splitting into more than one group is an idea worth considering – thanks for that

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.