New product from Nest – Smoke detector

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General Smart Home Technology Discussion New product from Nest – Smoke detector

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TimAshton 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     TractorTed says:

TractorTed
    Participant

I should think a few readers of this forum have had their eyes on the Nest smart thermostat – so far as I know it still hasn’t made it to the UK yet…
    And I’ve just read about the new LWRF heating controls hopefully on their way, which should do the job for me.
    Anyway – Nest have announced Heat & CO2 detectors:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nest-protect-unveiled-as-connected-smoke-and-co-detector
    A bit spendy for a detector at around £100, but considering they have a few added ‘smart’ features, and interlinking, they could be of interest?

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Nest is coming…
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124181-nest-in-the-uk-company-says-it-s-still-working-on-it

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

But when … sounds as elusive as LWRF was ;)

At least we all know its a hard nut to crack now too …

TimAshton says:

TimAshton
    Participant

TractorTed / Simon,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Nest smoke/CO alarms now available from B&Q etc. Has anyone tried linking into the same network as LWRF / RFXCOM and using to trigger alerts, etc?

Thanks,
    Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.