New Offer on Compatible LEDs From LED Hut

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > New Offer on Compat…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers New Offer on Compatible LEDs From LED Hut

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  DVB 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Hey all, great news! LED Hut have kindly agreed to extend the 20% off offer from February – it seems that the proven compatibility with LightwaveRF dimmers and the 20% offer helped drive sales and thats all good it seems…

The code has changed – it was copied by some unscrupulous voucher code sites and that undermines the exclusivity of the deal.

The new code is LEDRF20.

So, if you are interested in lowering your energy consumption by up to 90% by switching to LED lighting that has been proven to work with LightwaveRF dimmers and comes with a staggering 5 year warranty, get yourself down to LED Hut now using the link or banner below. Make sure you select dimmable LEDs, add them to your basket and use the code LEDRF20 at the checkout. This code is only available on-line – if you phone them, they will not know what you are talking about and offer you a silly 3% discount or something. If you want a 20% discount, click the link below!

Chris

LED Hut Ltd

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     MalcW says:

MalcW
    Participant

Are all the LED Hut Dimmable LED’s compatible with Lightwave RF Dimmers?. I am hoping to replace all the bulbs in my house with LED bulbs, coupled to Lightwave Switchs or Dimmers. So for the Lounge, I have a 3 lamp Ceiling fixture, which I want to use 3 60watt equivalent led bulbs. will the Lightwave RF dimmers work all the way down to almost 0%.  Is There a minimum load that needs  to be on the dimmers?

Sorry for so many questions, but I want to get all the dimmers/switches and leds at the same time and dont want to end up with something incompatible.

Thanks in advance.

dfensom says:

dfensom
    Participant

Hi there.

This is my first post to this group. I just wanted to warn people about phoning LEDHUT’s helpdesk number. On their contact page it gives the following information:

LED HUT LTD
    Unit 4 Wykeham Trade Park
    Moorside Road
    Winchester
    SO23 7RX
    UK

Telephone: 01534 764778

You might think that if you call 01534 764778, you are calling Winchester. Wrong! You are calling Jersey!!

For a 10 minute call from my mobile, (90% of the time I was on hold), I got charged the best part of £5!

I feel very mislead by them. They could have made this clear on their web page.

BEWARE…..

dfensom says:

dfensom
    Participant

Just had this reply from LED HUT customer services. I wonder if they will change anything:

Dear David
    Thank you for your email. 
    I am very sorry to hear that you were not aware that our call centre was based in Jersey. 
    I will pass on your suggestion to make this information more clear on the website.
    If you have any other queries which we may be able to help you with please do not hesitate to contact us again.

–
    Kind Regards

Customer Service Department
    LED Hut Ltd

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I want to use 3 60watt equivalent led bulbs. will the Lightwave RF dimmers work all the way down to almost 0%.  Is There a minimum load that needs  to be on the dimmers?

I have three of the 4 watt led GU10′s  on one dimmer and they work fine (I think Chris has tried just one and it works) When I say ‘fine’ I mean they are bright enough to replace 50w halogens in my application, the colour of the warm white is also better than other LED’s I have tried and not too dissimilar to that of a halogen and they don’t flicker when on or off.  But they do NOT dim down quite a much as I would like- nowhere near as low as a halogen will dim down to. This for me is no big deal when I remember that I am consuming 90% less in the long run! I’m not too sure about the 4.5 watt but I’m sure I read on here that someone has tested them with similar positive results.

As Chris always says try them and if they don’t work send them back, no quibbles. Don’t forget to click through this site cause Chris has invited me on his yacht. ( JK obviously) but it keeps this site going.

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Chris has invited me on his yacht

Haha. I nearly wet myself with laughter when I read that! Oh, how I wish I didn’t have the daily commute and 9-5 sat at a desk, but sadly I’m not going to be selling this site to Yahoo! (or indeed even renting a yacht) any time soon!

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

@Chris, have they changed the code again ? LEDRF20 now gives the following message:

“Sorry this code is no longer in use – Please use this code SAVE5 to get 5% OFF”

Could you check :)

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

@cndawes. Oh, I was promised that it will work until the end of April.

I’ve just tried it and it seems to work for me. What were you planning on buying? Could it be that it is only on certain products?

Could you try again? If it turns out it wasn’t a short term glitch, I will get on to my contact at LED Hut.

DVB says:

DVB
    Participant

The code does work, but only if you have at least one qualifying product in the basket. If you do, it will be applied to all of them, otherwise you get the error.

cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Aha ! I thought it was universal on all their items …

Not to worry if it still works, although it would be nice to know what a ‘qualifying product’ is ;)

DVB says:

DVB
    Participant

Seems to be any dimmable LED :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by